I’ve always been an avid reader (if you’re wondering why I’m mentioning this, read further) & a very rebelious kid. I always did the exact opposite of what I was told. And one of the forbidden things was reading Mills&Boons. My Mom had strictly warned me that I was not to touch them till I was 14…but then, how many Nancy Drews can a girl read , right? And plus, being ‘Forbidden‘ piqued my interest even further and I made a friend get me one of her Moms novels. Well, suffice to say it opened a whole new world of a very different vocabulary…I was suddenly exposed to words like, ‘Sighing, swooning, throbbing and…yes you guessed it..Torrid.’
I recall running to the dictionary to find out the meanings of these words..and mind you I was never this enthusiastic to find out meaning of words in my study books 😉 Nevertheless, when I saw this blush on strawberrynet, I was immediately transported back to my childhood where I spent hours giggling with girlfriends over such words. 🙂 🙂 And I simply had to get this…Ah! Childhood memories…If only I knew they would make me buy more makeup when I grew older…. 😉 😉
About NARS blush in Torrid:
NARS Blush offers a range of translucent, natural shades, each with a subtle pink for natural blush undertone, created to highlight the complexion. Designed to be worn alone or layered together for more depth, NARS Blush provides a healthy glow to flatter any skintone.
- Price: Â $28 (available on Strawberrynet as well)
- Quantity: 4.8gms
My take on NARS blush in Torrid:
- Color: Nars Torrid can be described as a Coral blush with golden shimmer. The shimmer is very fine and isn’t too blingey. Infact, on me, the shimmer hardly shows which is quite weird..
- Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is super duper pigmented and very buttery to the touch. When I used this the first time, I ended up with coral cheeks much like the pee wee dolls I’ve mentioned before.
- Staying Power: This lasts about 7-8hrs in all its glory and starts fading after about 6hrs of wear…Amazing right? I was stunned at this and couldn’t quite believe it!
Pros of NARS blush in Torrid:
- Perfect for an evening out
- Has the tiniest bit of shimmer
- The powder is so finely milled and is soooo soft that it practically melts onto my cheeks
- Very pigmented
- Stays on for more than 7hrs..What more can one ask for!
- Easy to blend
Cons of NARS blush in Torrid:Â
- The packaging is rubbery and collects a lot of dust easily.
- Have to be careful while applying this since it’s very easy to go overboard.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5