Guest Post By Meenu ,
Hello all Lovely Wiseshe readers,
Recently my exams got over (who knows it better than Anamika ;p), so, here I am with my first article on WisesheÃ¢â‚¬Â¦.. actually my first article on any site ever.
Two weeks back I was running out of all my lotions and cream and I wasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t getting time to go to market and buy the stuff (as I am studying along with a full time job). Then I got a chance to go to Reliance Fresh and finally I got myself a few things
– Lakme Daily Glow Fruit Moisturiser (Peach and Plum)
Nivea Fruitshine Lip balm in strawberry (anamika suggested me pomegranate flavor but they didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have any except strawberry and I couldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t convince myself to wait for other flavors arrive in stock :p)
– Nivea Nourishing Body Milk (for dry skin)
As of now, I would be reviewing Nivea Nourishing Body Milk for dry skin. Earlier I was using Garnier body cocoon on my super dry skin and was quite happy with that. But while approaching to finish it, I got tempted to try something new and I got this Nivea bottle.
What does the product says: Enriched with skin-own moisturizers, Serine and Alanine, the rich caring milk works with the skin to stimulate its own moisture production in natural way, reducing the roughness of dry skin perceptibly. The milk absorbs quickly to return the dry skin to its natural softness and smoothness leaving it smooth all day long (Quite a claim, I must say ;p).
Ingredients: Aqua, Paraffin Oil, Glycerine, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycerile Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Parfum, Sodium Carbomer, Preservatie, Serine, Alanine.
Price: INR 198 for 250 ml and INR 260 for 400 ml (I bought 250 ml bottle).
My experience with the product: I was wondering when they are claim serine and alanine as its special products (skin own moisturizer), donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t you think these should be named first in ingredients list? Anyways, coming to point, this body Ã¢â‚¬Å“milkÃ¢â‚¬Â spreads actually like milk on applying though the consistency is not that thin.
The smell of the product is very mild n quite nice. Initially I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t like it when I smell it directly in the bottle but when applied, it smells good. The fragrance it not strong and I couldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t smell it after few hours but when I take shower the next day my bathroom fills with its smell as I wet my bodyÂ :O . Now the main thingÃ¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ moisturizing part, well I was much happier with my garnier body cocoon.
First day when I applied Nivea body milk (generously enough), my skin start feeling stretchy after 3-4 hours even when the temperature here in NCR is getting better and not that low as it was few weeks earlier. Now I started mixing it with few drops of coconut oil to save my skin (I miss my body cocoonÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ big time). I think I should get my Garnier ASAP and then IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll come back to this body milk in summers.
What I liked about the product:
– Its smell. It has very mild fragranceÃ¢â‚¬Â¦.. just right for me.
– The packaging. I liked the sober blue packing. Bottle opens with a flip cap, so nothing messy inhere.
– The texture of the product is exactly what i like neither too thick or too thin.
What I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t like about the product
– Again, the smell. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s gone within even 1-2 hrs.
– Again, the packaging :pÃ¢â‚¬Â¦. the botte is quite big for 250 ml (may be because of its narrow upper part). The size is not travel friendly; it will occupy too much space in your bag.
– Most important, the moisturizing power. Though it says Ã¢â‚¬Å“for dry skinÃ¢â‚¬Â but I think itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be more suitable for combination skin. Definitely not working for my dry skin especially in winters.
Will I re-purchase it : NopeÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ Nope… Nope, Garnier rocks!.
Rating: 2.5/ 5:- only coz I can use it with coconut oil.
You might like reading these also:-