I love blushes and never step out of house without a dash of color on my cheeks. I have two blushes from NYX silky rose (already reviewed by zee) and desert rose which are my absolute favorites. :inlove:
I wanted a pigmented pink blush which gives a warm flush to my cheeks; after seeing many swatches online I decided to try out desert rose and oh man as soon as I opened the package it was love at first sight. :heart:
Â Product Claim:
Our pressed powder blush delivers sheer, silky color that glides on, blends beautifully and creates a natural glow. The formula is richly-pigmented and lasts for hours.
- Ingredients:-Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Nylon-12, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 6 (CI15850), D&C Red 7 (CI15850), D&C Red 27 (CI45410), D&C Red 30 (CI73360), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI19140), FD&C Yellow 6 (CI15985), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Manganese Violet (CI77742), Ultramarines (CI77288). Whewww thatâ€™s a big list!Â :sweat:
- Price: 520 from UT (but this is available for 6$ and cheaper on other sites like cherry culture)
- Quantity: 5.2g
My take on the NYX Powder Blush in Desert Rose:
- Packaging:–The blush comes in a square plastic pot with a transparent top. Nothing fancy but am totally okay with it as quality of the product is awesome.
- Color: –This shade is a deep beautiful dusty rose which leans towards pink. Itâ€™s totally matte without any shimmer. Personally I prefer matte blushes over shimmery ones.
- Pigmentation & Texture:–These blushes are intensely pigmented which means that one should use it sparingly as you can pick up too much color and may end up looking like a clown. :clown:
I love the way it gives me healthy pink flush which seems as if coming from inside. :beauty: The staying power is awesomeÂ it easily stays 5-6 hrs and then fades gradually in a nice tint. I think it would suit all skin tones and for medium to dusky skin tone like mine itâ€™s perfect for getting those rosy cheeks. :blush:
Pros of NYX Powder Blush in Desert Rose:-
- Highly pigmented, buttery soft and smooth.
- Easily bendable.
- Â Staying power is great.
- Will suit all skin tones.
- Pretty affordable.
- It will last for long as you require very less quantity for each application.
Cons of NYX Powder Blush in Desert Rose:-
- Doesn’tÂ come with a mirror or a brush. I donâ€™t complain because the brushes which come with blushes are pretty pathetic. 😛
- Â Because they are very soft, there is little fallout.
- Pigmentation:Â 5/5
- Packaging:Â 3.5/5
- Staying Power:Â 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality:Â 4/5
Will I buy again: –Yup obviously this is my favorite blush and I will keep buying it throughout my life. :yippee:
You might like reading these also:-
- Orange Blush+MAC Saffron Eyeshadow As Blush
- KK Center HK ES Brand 28 Color Eyeshadow Make Up Blush Palette Info & Price
- Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Benefit Perfect 10 Bronzing & Highlighting Face Powder Duo Review
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush #6 Review,Swatches & Dupe
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush Rose Petal Review
- Coral Blush For Dark Skin Suggestions
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Blush#9 Review
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush Glow Review
- Deborah Milano Blush 24 Rame Review
- 6 Body Shop Cheek Colour Blush Photos & Swatches