Today I am going to review the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder.
Iâ€™ve been looking for something that allows me to fill in my eyebrows naturally. While browsing the makeup alleys abroad I came across this eyebrow cake powder. I didnâ€™t expect much out of it but it proved me wrong 😛
Hereâ€™s what I think:
The packaging says â€œFor those movie star browsâ€ which movie star are you talking about 😛 lol
Each palette comes with 2 shades, one slightly darker than the other. This way you can blend the powders together to create the shade that goes with your hair color.
I tried my bestÂ while clicking the pictures but somehow my camera couldnâ€™t capture the right color
Everything you need is packed into this tiny little purse-friendly set!
I got this kit in the color 02 Dark Brown/Brown. This has 2 powder brow colors. Both are dark brown in color and pack in the right amount of pigmentation. The round thing on the left side is the brow wax.
- Price $6
How it works:
Apply a very little amount of wax on brows and then apply the powders using an angled brush this helps the powder to adhere better. Then comb the brows using the small spooly applicator and you are done.
Our recipe for cooking up exquisite eyebrows includes wax, tools and a pair of complementary powders, which can be customized to create the ideal shade. Each Eyebrow Cake Powder kit includes a slanted brush and a round wand to shape, style and tame eyebrows. Available in 6 different shades.
Â Ingredients OfÂ NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder.
Powder: Kaolin, Talc, Nylon-12, Pentaerythirityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Isostearyl Isostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Diissostearyl Malate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropylparben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben. May Contain: Zinc Oxide (CI 77497),Mica (CI 77019) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492) or Carbon Black (CI 77266). Gel: Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Polybutene, Ricinus Communs Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Bis-Digyleryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocophery Acetate, and B.H.A.
- I fill my brows with brown toned colors most times, black looks a little harsh to me. Brown is softer and makes mistakes less obvious.
- Â I find the angled brush too stiff. It doesnâ€™t pick up the powder very well so I use my own angled brush.
- Â You might initially think the wax is a bit thick. But it doesnâ€™t feel sticky on the brows. In fact, itâ€™s so lightweight and feels so natural
- All in all I like it as it helps you enjoy neat, groomed and more-even brows.
What I like about NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
- Case is travel friendly
- Â Pigmentation is good
- Wax doesnâ€™t feel heavy
- Looks natural
Â What I donâ€™t like NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
- Â Angled brush provided is too stiff
Â Rating – 4/5
Â You might like reading these also:-
- Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lipgloss SPF 8 in Litchi Shine Review
- Miss Claire Professional Eyeshadow Palette 07 Review and Swatches
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair Review
- Maybelline Colour Sensationals Blushing Brunette ,Hooked on Pink Liptick Review
- 4 Different Style Of Eyeliners Tutorial