I am a die hard fan of Pink lipsticks and glosses so it was a no brainer that I had to choose this. I chose this particular shade coz I wanted a nice bubblegum pink gloss and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly.
About NYX Megashine lipgloss:
Kiss me quick! Our signature Mega Shine Lip Gloss delivers shine, moisture and softness and envelops lips with glistening color. The finish is both creamy and steamy and ensures knockout glamour. A blend of mineral and lanolin oils helps protect the pout. Available in 64 almost sinful lip gloss shades.
- Price:$5.50 or 475 INR
- Quantity: 15ml
Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).
My experience with NYX Megashine Lip Gloss in Ice Princess:
- Packaging: This gloss comes in the usual rectangular tube with a slanted wand. I love this slanted wand since it makes it so easy to apply the gloss evenly and more conveniently.
- Color: This shade looked like a bubblegum pink from the tube but I was sorely mistaken. This color is NOT what shows up on my lips. On my lips, this is just a sheer transparent gloss with a teeny hint of pink.
- Texture: The gloss is thick but not as much as the other ones I have..Tea Rose is also a lot thicker than this one. But nevertheless its non sticky and glides easily without settling into the lip lines.
- Pigmentation & Coverage: It gives me absolutely no coverage..hehe…seriously girl..it wont cover up any pigmentation or marks at all! Its practically like a mildly tinted transparent gloss!
- Staying Power: The tiny hint of pink fades within the hour 🙁 But the glossy feel remains for a good 2-3 hours. It does leave behind the sheen of gloss though so immediate re-application is not necessary.
- Availability: These are available only at select stores in some cities. I got this from Dorabjee’s on MG Road. Nyx is also available on cosmetix.in, urbantouch.com which is an Indian retail site. If you want to get it for a cheaper price, CherryCulture, Nonpareilboutique.com also have these.
What I like about NYX Megashine Lip Gloss in Tea Rose:Â
- I luv the easy to use applicator.
- Its non-sticky which is the biggest pro for me.
- This shade would suit a majority of gals..there’s no scope of not suiting since there’s barely a hint of color! 😉
- They have a huuge variety of shades in this range to choose from!
- Cheaper if bought at Dollar rate
Â What I don’t like about NYX Megashine Lip Gloss in Ice Princess:
- Contains Parabens.
- Wish the shade was actually what’s shown in the tube.
- Overall – 2.5/5
- Pigmentation: 2/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Staying Power: 3/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 3/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Vaadi Herbals Neem Face Pack Reviews
- Five Minutes Festive Eye Makeup Tutorial With Pictures
- Diwali Eye Makeup With Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette
- Rimmel Vinyl Stars Mirror Shine Lick My Lips Lipgloss :Review,Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch Oâ€™Peach Swatches
- Soulflower Organic Wheatgerm Oil Reviews