I got this sometime last year while experimenting with NYX. I’d heard so much about their lipsticks and glosses. While I’d heard of the Round Lipstick in this shade I had never heard of the megashine in the same shade so decided to try it out 🙂 And thank God I did or else I would have missed out on a gorgeous shade!
About NYX Megashine lipgloss:
Kiss me quick! Our signature Mega Shine Lip Gloss delivers shine, moisture and softness and envelops lips with glistening color. The finish is both creamy and steamy and ensures knockout glamour. A blend of mineral and lanolin oils helps protect the pout. Available in 64 almost sinful lip gloss shades.
- Price: $5.50 or 475 INR
- Quantity: 15ml
- Ingredients:Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).
- Packaging:Â This gloss comes in a rectangular tube with a slanted wand. I love this slanted wand since it makes it so easy to apply the gloss evenly and more conveniently. Also a small but cute point about this gloss is that it has a tiny bow molding on the top of the wand which is a li’l something extra for us make up lovers. The shade details are written on the tube itself.
- Color: Â This shade like all other NYS glosses looks darker in the tube than it does on the lips. When I saw the tube I thought it would be a dark pink-peach shade but on application it comes out on me as as a light pink gloss with a hint of looked really dark in the tube but on application it looks much much lighter.However, this color is a very lovely everyday shade to wear to college or to work. It would not look OTT since it doesn’t have any shimmer in it. The glossiness is to die for and this is one of the glosses I grab when in doubt.
- Texture: The gloss is a but thick but spreads easily without any goopiness or stickiness. This is the biggest plus point of this gloss in fact. I hate sticky glosses since they look streaky and goopy. But this one is not like that. Although the formula is thick, it is not sticky at all.
- Pigmentation & Coverage: When I use it, its more of a faint pink than what I expected. Its extremely light and not as pigmented as I would ave liked. It gives me very light coverage and would not conceal any pigmentation or marks on the lips.
- Staying Power: This lipgloss, like all other faint colored shades from NYX don’t have a strong staying power. This gloss stays on my lips for about 2hrs max before fading. It does leave behind the sheen of gloss though so immediate re-application is not necessary.Additionally, I love reapplying glosses so this isn’t too much of a hindrance for me.
- Availability: These are available only at select stores in some cities. I got this from Dorabjee’s on MG Road. Nyx is also available on urbenTouch.com which is an Indian retail site. If you want to get it for a cheaper price, CherryCulture, Nonpareilboutique.com also have these.
Swatches of NYX Megashine Lipgloss Tea roseÂ
What I like about NYX Megashine Lip Gloss in Tea Rose:
- Cheap if bought at Dollar rate
- Its an everyday shade without any shimmer. So this cannot ever look OTT.
- Its non-sticky which is the biggest pro for me.
- This shade would suit a majority of gals. I believe college girls would like this range and prefer them as well.
- They have a huuuuge variety of shades which will boggle the mind!
- Love the cute Bow on the top of the lid!
What I don’t like about NYX Megashine Lip Gloss in Tea Rose:
- Contains Parabens.
- Wish it were more pigmented
I’m sure a lot of you must have used Nyx megashine lipglosses. Do you have this shade and which one are your favs?
You might like reading these also:-
- Halloween Eye Makeup Tutorial Rainbow Eyes
- Max Factor MiracleTouch Creamy Blush Soft Cardinal Review & Swatch
- Makeup Shopping List Ideas â€“ Suggestions
- Look Book â€“ Bridal Makeup Tutorial With MAC IndianWood Paint Pot
- Hashmi Kajal Stick Review
- Wunder Under Eye Cream Review