It was love at first sight when I set my eyes on NYX Mosaic Powder in Wiseshe NYX International Giveaway. I wanted it so bad but being the practical shopper I am, I waited a while since I wanted to make sure it was love and not pure lust 😉 I didnâ€™t want it to be an impulsive purchase especially considering that it doesnâ€™t come cheap in India :-/. When I mean I waited, Iâ€™m not talking about days or weeks. I waited for nearly half a year before I realized it was true love after all :shy:
Now hereâ€™s my sob story if you care enough to read: I wanted to take a picture of the fresh untouched pan before I began using it, so I clicked one picture (seen above) and then decided I wanted better lighting. So I placed it on a box under a light and before I knew it, it dropped to the floor :pain: Believe me, Iâ€™m not clumsy and donâ€™t usually drop stuff. But off late, Iâ€™ve been in such an awful hurry that I literally RUNNN from one place to another. Anyways, the mosaic cracked! :weep: And needless to say I was beyond upset :struggle:. I was in such a daze that without thinking I placed this standing vertically (thatâ€™s how I usually store my blushes) along with other makeup. When I opened it again, the whole thing had crumbled and fallen to one side :weep:. Aaaah! Why?? Why????!! Ohhh Iâ€™m so sorry I bored you with all the tragedy. I just had to vent it out somewhere and I know only makeup-lovers like you would understand.
AboutÂ NYX Mosaic Powder Blush Dare:-
Like a light switch for the face, this medley of five luminizers creates a dazzling glow for every skin tone. Our Mosaic Powder Blush can be used on cheeks, eyes and even lips. The mineral-based formula highlights, hydrates and helps protect skin. Available in 12 shades.
- Quantity: 5.7 gms / 0.20 oz
- Price: INR 900 (Itâ€™s actually much cheaper abroad and can be bought on discount from online shopping websites)
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
- Ingredients:-Mica, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin,2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, B.H.T., Methylparaben, and Propylparaben. May Contain: Ultramarine Pink (CI 77007), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Red Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Yellow Iron Oxide (CI77492), Black Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Brown Iron Oxide (CI 77491/2/9),Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891),Â D&C Red No.7 (CI15850:1), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), FD&C Yellow No.5 (CI19140:1), or Manganese Violet (CI 77742).
- Packaging:–It comes in a black, sturdy, plastic case that has a transparent disc at the top which makes identifying shades a breeze. The lid shuts nice and tight and will not open up in your bag. The complete list of ingredients is given at the back of the case. It does not come with a mirror or applicator which in a way is a good thing since otherwise the packaging would have been bulky and those mini applicators are useless anyway. But since this is great for travelling, a mirror would have been welcome.
Shade description:I chose the shade â€œDareâ€ since I wanted shades that can be used on eyes and lips as well (since this claims to be a multi-purpose powder). Dare fitted the bill since it has a beautiful medley of golden beige, tan brown, peach and pink-based coral. All the shades are shimmery but the shimmer is not chunky or gritty. It gives a subtle glow that is quite flattering.
The powder is satin-smooth and is easy to pick up either with a brush or your fingers. It does have a bit of fall-out but nothing too alarming. When used on the lips, it tends to be a bit drying and requires a good hydrating lip balm underneath.
- Pigmentation:The pigmentation is sheer to medium which is what I wanted since Iâ€™m a liâ€™l wary of insanely pigmented blushes. So this is great for beginners or amateurs. The color can be built-up as desired but the peach and coral tones may not show up very well on those with dusky skin tones.
- Staying power:-This stays fresh for about 3 hours after which it starts fading. I would have liked better staying power but I guess my oily skin is to blame. This may last longer on other skin types. Although the color fades quickly, the sheen it renders lasts longer giving me a lovely glow.
- Sensitivity:I have acne-prone skin and I used this without fear since it claims to have a mineral-based formula. It did not break me out or irritate my skin in anyway. I found it safe to use on eyes and lips too.
The pic below shows all the shades blended together. This was taken under very bright light and swatched heavily. In reality the shimmer is not so evident.
What I like about NYX Mosaic Powder in Dare:-
- Sturdy, travel-friendly packaging
- Mineral-based formula
- Can be used on cheeks, eyes and lips
- Gorgeous medley of shades that are very versatile
- Pigmentation is sheer yet buildable
- Smooth texture
- Shimmer is subtle and lends a lovely glow
- Did not break me out or irritate skin
- No discernible fragrance
- Complete list of ingredients is given
- Available in 12 shades
What I donâ€™t like about NYX Mosaic Powder in Dare:-
- Nyx products are priced way too high in India
- Dusky skin tones may find more of a shimmery glow and less of actual color
- Does not come with a mirror or applicator
- Not for those looking for very pigmented color
- The color does not last long on my oily skin
- You know what else I donâ€™t like and Iâ€™m not going to get into that again :weep:
P.S: Please excuse the sloppy swatches. It was the best I could do with the crumbly mess Iâ€™m left with. :wilt:
This is a very versatile product that can be used as a blusher, bronzer, eye shadow and lip tint (over a lip balm). Â I wouldâ€™ve given it full marks if it had better staying power. Iâ€™m truly in love with this and given a choice, Iâ€™d buy this same shade all over again! :cute:
Have you tried NYX Mosaic Powder blush dare ?
You might like reading these also:-
- NYX Round Lip Gloss Strawberry Photos & Swatches
- NYX Candy Glitter Liner Gold Photos & Swatches
- NYX Round Lip Gloss Apricot 19 Review & Swatches
- 7 NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Photos & Swatches
- NYX Round Lip Gloss In Peach Review & Swatches
- NYX Trio 21- Copper Rust Bronze Info & Swatches
- NYX Round Lipstick Indian Pink Review,Swatches & FOTD
- NYX Round Lipgloss 06 Mauve Review,Swatches & FOTD
- NYX Round Lipstick Narcissus Review & Swatches
- NYX Round Lipstick Tea Rose Vs NYX Round Lipstick Paris Swatches & FOTD
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush Rose Petal Review
- NYX Round Lipstick Paris Review, Swatches & FOTD
- NYX Tea Rose Lipstick Review,Swatches & FOTD
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush Boho Chic Review & Swatches