NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul: Swatches & Review
I bought this about a year back when it had just about released. Just the mere mention of aÂ matteÂ lip cream made my heart palpitate and I couldn’t rest until I’d grabbed atleast 1 of them.
Product Description :-
Neither lipstick nor lip glossâ€”this is matte lip cream. A new kind of pout paint that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matteÂ lipstickÂ formulas, also moisturizing. Available in 11 lip colors.
- Size:Â 4gms
- Price:398Â INR or 6$
Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
About NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul :
Packaging:Â It comes in a tube packaging with a sponge applicator. The tube itself is of the same color as that of the lipÂ creamÂ shade. So no need to fumble about trying to gauge the color amongst hoards of products.
- Color:Â This shade comes off as a light baby Pink shade with strongÂ blueÂ undertones.
- Coverage & Pigmentation:Â The lip cream gives me medium to full coverage depending on how much I layer on. Its quite pigmented in this regards….a single swipe covers up the lightest pigmentation and looks quite faint on me and a second swipe can cover up heavier pigmentation as well.
- Texture:Â The lip cream is very soft and velvety. Even when using the applicator, it feels like you’re applying a velvet cover to your lips.
- Fragrance:Â This has a very concentrated sweet vanilla fragrance. It doesn’t bother me much, but those with super sensi noses should sniff this first b4 buying.
- Staying Power:Â It stays for approx. 3.5hrs on my lips without any hogging activities 🙂 After this it fades into a faint pink color.
What I don’t like about this (apart from the fact that it doesn’t suit me) is that after a while, the color seeps into my lip lines and makes me look like an old crone! So for those with lip lines like me, exfoliation and lip balm application is a must while planning to use these.
What I like aboutÂ NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul:
- Handy and convenient packaging
- Matte finish
- If cool tones shades suit you, then this is a sure winner.
- Very light in terms of the texture
- Not too pricey
- 11 shades to choose from
- Commendable staying power
- Doesn’t run or melt.
What I don’t like aboutÂ NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul:
- Availability is a problem
- This is totally personal, but it doesn’t suit me and washes me out.
- Not for those with dry lips and lip lines.
- Packaging:Â 5/5
- Staying Power:Â 3/5
- Availability:Â 4/5
- Price vs. Value:4/5
Like I do withÂ NYX, I did have very high hopes with this product, but I guess I may have made a big boo-boo wrt which shade I picked up. I genuinely do like the formula, but perhaps a different shade would have been a better option for me.
You may also like reading: