In a word, itâ€™s simply a boon to me. Â Wondering why? Â This O.P.I Ridge Filler is a perfect solution for weak, damaged nails that have a rough, uneven surface. I know, you will say you can always buff and smooth them out, but, too much buffing is not good for your nails in the long run- it wears them out. My case is somewhat similar- too much buffing and now I have these weak nails with an uneven surface
Well, after some searching and researching I landed up with this amazing find from O.P.I and yes, I will say, itâ€™s a great product. A perfect solution for weak, peeling, uneven and rough nails. You might just say that applying nail polish is a perfect solution to the above mentioned problems well- true to some extent but this product gives you something more. No wonder, O.P.I calls these â€œClassic Nail Essentialsâ€™
About OPT Ridge Filler
Yes, instead of wasting more time, letâ€™s nail the product- for good.
- Name: O.P.I Ridge Filler
- Price: INR. 430 ( I got a discount and paid INR.408)
- Quantity:1/2 Oz. ( but it will last you really long)
- Availability: online, I bought mine from purplle.com
It contains natural silk to gently smooth out uneven natural nails. A luxurious and effective base coat that smoothes nails for a more even lacquer application
OPI Ridge Filler Directions:-
- Recommendation: Smoothes nails for a more even lacquer application. OPI Ridge Filler fills those small ridge lines that some nails have from dryness. It gives nails a smooth glassy finish, so that nail polish applies evenly and looks great.
Apply OPI Ridge Filler before using base coat on nails, then proceed with nail polish and top coat
- Ingredients: Not mentioned
OPI Ridge Filler Purpose:-
My take on the product: as I already said that I have weak nail and some uneven (by uneven I mean the nail surface is not very smooth when I touch it) nail surface, I found this to be a boon. It has a natural whitish color which turns out just your nailâ€™s natural color and dries to a matt finish. If you look at your nails, no one will be able to tell you that you are wearing anything on them- just your plain, natural nails. It dries to a perfect matt finish. But, here lies the magic- your nails will look flawless- even and smooth! Yes! Itâ€™s true. My friend even complimented that my nails have improved a lot J-though I did not reveal the secret to her â€“ devil me!!!
(After single coat application)
Whatâ€™s more, one single coat is fine- you will not need a second one, mostly because you will be wearing two coats of polish on top of that- no point layering and wasting product. What I have noticed is that this O.P.I Ridge Filler works amazingly well as a base too- the nail colors come out amazingly well- somewhat opaque. And, if you are coupling it with an O.P.I polish- you can be sure that your polish wonâ€™t chip in the next 15 days ( but then again I donâ€™t do any household work) and if you have this on your toe, it lasted me a good 21-22 daysâ€¦yes, believe me! You will fall in love with your perfectly manicured/pedicured hands and feet <3
(Please ignore my unkempt cuticles :P)
The brush is normal like any other O.P.I nail brush and is good enough to cover your nails in one go.
What Iike about O.P.I Ridge Filler:-
- Available online
- Dries fast
- one coat is perfect
- Perfect solution for weak, brittle, peeling nails
- Looks natural- so if you are not looking for polishes, you nails still stay protected
- Great as a base and will make your polish hold on longer- days in fact if coupled with polish of the same brand
- A perfect brush, that ensure minimum product wastage
( My manicure that lasted 15 days- if not more)
What I don’t like about OPI Ridge Filler:-
- You will have to have a real fast hand- dries really fast
- Donâ€™t apply 2 coats- it will become patchy, uneven and streaky– mostly because it dries fast
- While using keep your ceiling fan off- it will dry up the product
- Before using u need to shake the bottle really well as a kind of yellow fluid separates and a white viscous liquid settles down.
- While removing, you will need some extra polish remover
- Best to keep off the cuticle- its dries there and gets collected
- Yes, no ingredients mentioned
Recommended: Oh.. do I need to say that now? I will keep purchasing it! A must have for me now. You must be thinking with so many cons, why should I repurchase it? Because if you notice the cons, itâ€™s normal with any polish I guess. So, I am overlooking that for sure.
- Rating: A perfect 5
Love it/ Leave it: <3 it
Have you triedÂ OPI Ridge Filler?
You may also enjoy reading: