Post by Ankita Saroj
Oilatum Cream Review
My skin had always been very normal and didn’t give me any problems until I went to UK for my studies. After that, it was like an explosion of zits and dry, flakey skin all over. At one point, the areas around my eyes and mouth were so dry and itchy that they turned red. At that time, Aveeno had saved my skin, to say the least. After I returned back here, the dry skin problem resurfaced and a regular moisturizer did nothing for me anymore. I was starting to get wrinkly, flakey skin across my mouth and eyes again. I bought Oilatum cream on recommendation from a dermatologist for my skin condition. Ever since, it has become my HG moisturizer and this context was provided to give an idea to anyone who is experiencing similar skin problems and may benefit from my post on the Oilatum Cream Review.
Price: INR 96.15 for 40 gm
Availability: Most chemists and medical stores.
Description and claims:
- Suitable for adults and children and elderly Is balanced at pH 5.5 which is the natural pH of skin
- Suitable for people with an allergy to lanolin
- Treatment of eczema and dry skin conditions
- Relieves itching
- Emollient cream soothes, softens and rehydrates skin
- Especially effective when applied immediately after washing to counteract the loss of essential oils from the skin
- Available in tubes or a convenient pump dispenser
- Fragrance free
Ingredients- Light Liquid Paraffin 6.0% w/w, and White Soft Paraffin 15.0% w/w, Macrogol 1000 Monostearate, Cetostearyl alcohol, Glycerol, Potassium sorbate, Benzyl alcohol 0.5% w/w, Citric acid monohydrate, Povidone, Purified water
How to use?: Apply to the affected area, and rub in well. Use as often as required, or as directed by your doctor. Store at temperature below 25Â°C. Do not freeze.
Packaging: It comes in a handy, squeezable tube form which has all the essential information printed upon it.
My Overall Experience with Oilatum Cream
Color, consistency and fragrance- It has a thick, creamy consistency and looks white in color. It has no smell. Once I rub it on, it feels a little waxy and stays tacky for a while until finally soaks into the skin. It almost gives a natural luminance to the skin but I tend to get oily throughout the day with this on. I find that applying some powder on top of it helps keep my skin looking matte, while being appropriately moisturized. I got accustomed to using it all the time but I think anyone with similar dry skin problem and not wanting to feel oily throughout the day can apply this at night as through trial-and-error I have found, it works best at night and I wake up with refreshed skin.
What I like about Oilatum Cream?
- Little bit goes a long way
- People with dry skin will find an instant improvement
- Helps prevent wrinkles and flakey skin due to dryness
- Locks in moisture to provide long-lasting protection
- Travel-friendly packaging
What I don’t like about Oilatum Cream?
- People with oily skin should stay away from this
Final thoughts: Needless to say, I have gone through 5-6 tubes so far and see myself using it for a long time. I strongly recommend this to anyone suffering from dry skin.