Olive Oil Benefits For Hair Growth
These days due to pollution and harsh sun rays our hair is much affected like our skin. Other than this hair styling tools, harsh chemicals in products, dyes, hormones etc. also damage hair greatly. This leads to thinning of hair and hair loss. Hair loss is really a big concern and we really strive hard to get back the lost hair. Do you know that olive oil can help you in this? Today, few are going to see how.
Olive Oil For Hair:
There are many benefits of olive oil for skin and the same way it’s great for hair. It rejuvenates and strengthens hair when used as a hair product. It nourishes scalp, prevents dandruff which is one of the main causes of hair fall. Also it prevents hair breakage and splits making it stronger.
Hair should have elasticity to survive from regular brushing and blow drying and olive oil increases this elasticity. This oil also inhibits DTH hormones production on the scalp and prevents hair loss. Olive oil is also rich in antioxidants which are required for healthy scalp.
Ways to Use Olive Oil For Hair:
- Apply some olive oil to your scalp and hair and massage gently. Leave it for an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo.
- Mix few drops of peppermint oil, sage oil and rosemary oil in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Massage this to your scalp. Leave it for at least 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo.
- Mix few drops of cedar, sage, tea tree oil and lemon juice in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Massage this to your scalp and leave it for an hour. Wash with gentle shampoo and rinse well.
- Warm few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil as per your hair length and keep it aside for few seconds to let it cool down slightly. Massage this to your scalp and hair, and wear a shower cap or a warm towel. Leave it for at least 30 minutes and then wash with gentle shampoo.
You can do any of these methods to treat your hair with olive oil for hair re-growth at least once a week or twice a week.
Few Tips You may Like To Know:
- You can also mix olive oil with castor oil and lavender oil to massage your scalp and hair.
- Extra virgin olive oil is considered as the best of other types of olive oil to treat hair damages and hair loss.
- Try to massage your scalp with your fingertips gently without putting excess pressure to improve blood circulation in your scalp. Cater some time to massage your scalp well and don’t rush while doing so.
- You may also be using homemade hair masks for your hair. Instead of adding water to make it, try mixing olive oil instead for better results. For example, mix curry leaves powder, dried hibiscus flower powder, dried amla powder with some olive oil to make paste with them and apply it to your scalp and hair evenly. Leave it for an hour at least and then wash your hair with gentle shampoo as usual.
So, these were few ways you can use olive oil for hair re-growth. Other than this, to help your hair, try to avoid using heating tools and harsh chemically laden products too often.
Have you tried olive oil for hair re-growth?
You may also like reading:-