I love 2.5gm lippies!! Who finishes a full 4 gm lippie anyway?? :-/ Donâ€™t we get bored of the color halfway and even if I do love a particular color, Iâ€™d rather finish up a mini lippie and buy a fresh one rather than have a full-sized lipstick for 2 or more years. I really do wish every brand would introduce these. Avon used to have mini lippies in an amazingly sturdy packaging that was of amazing quality. But that was like 5 or more years ago and I cannot understand for the life of me why they discontinued it :struggle:
About Oriflame Pure Color On The Go Lipstick In Vintage Nude
Smooth, conditioning lipstick in a huge spectrum of colors. Bold shades, creamy texture.
- Quantity: 2.5 gms
- Price: INR 99
- Packaging:-Â Packaging is very basic: black plastic casing with a transparent lid. The lid shuts tight and will not open up in your purse. It is quite flimsy and develops cracks over time. There was no outer carton and it did not come sealed. But I guess this is all you can expect for the price tag.
- Shade Â Vintage Nude -Â The shade Vintage Nude may look a bit like concealer in the tube. The strange thing about this shade is that it looks pale pink when swatched on the arm. In fact, most of the reviews that Iâ€™d seen online described this as a nude pink and thatâ€™s precisely why I bought it. But on the lips, this is a sheer peach and it exactly matches my lip color (yes, my lips are kinda pale :-P). It looks amazingly natural and I love it! I always reach out for this when in doubt. Itâ€™s a great shade to pair with smoky eyes but it may wash out duskier skin tones.
- Texture: -Â It is super smooth and creamy as claimed.Â It glides easily onto the lips and thereâ€™s absolutely no tugging required. It is quite moisturizing and there is no need for a lip balm underneath this. It doesnâ€™t settle into fine lines and application is even.
- Fragrance:-It has quite a waxy, artificial taste. It is not as bad as the Lipmania lipsticks and isnâ€™t very over powering. It doesnâ€™t bother me much now (though I have a sensitive nose) but those who prefer fragrance-free lipsticks may find the taste a bit cloying.
- Pigmentation:Pigmentation is very sheer. The color can be built up in a couple more swipes. But the problem with this particular shade is that, when worn heavily, it can make you look like you have no lips at all. So it is best to stick to one or more swipes. This shade will not completely hide lip pigmentation.
- Staying power:-The lasting power is very poor. It barely lasts for two hours. It also disappears without a trace and leaves no tint behind. But Iâ€™ve heard that the darker shades in this range stay put longer.
Swatches Of Oriflame Pure Color On The Go Lipstick Vintage Nude:-
What I like about Oriflame Pure Color Vintage Nude Lipstick:-
- Handy, tiny size that will fit into the smallest of purses and pockets
- Application is smooth & creamy and glides easily onto the lips
- Quite moisturizing and does not require a lip balm underneath
- Sheer and glossy coverage
- Does not settle into fine lines
- Peachy nude color that matches my lip color thus looks very natural
- Great to pair with smoky eyes/ heavy eye-makeup
- Very reasonably priced
- Comes in a variety of shades to suit everyoneâ€™s needs
- Same shades are also available in 4gms :yes:
- As if the price wasnâ€™t cheap enough, it is also available on offer often
What I donâ€™t like about Oriflame Pure Color Vintage Nude Lipstick:
- Ingredients list is not mentioned
- Lipstick does not come sealed
- Flimsy packaging
- Odd flavor
- Lasting power is poor for this particular shade. (Darker shades have been known to last a bit longer)
- This shade will not hide lip pigmentation and may wash out dusky skin tones
- Rating: Considering the price Vs Quality Iâ€™d say 4/5
Notice how the arm swatch appears entirely different?Â Looks pale pink ?:-)
- Â Read: My Lip care and lipstick tricks
- Final Verdict:
These lipsticks are great for the price and I totally recommend it. It is also good for those who want to experiment with new shades but donâ€™t want to invest in a pricey/ full sized lipstick. If you can overlook the lasting power, I would say this is a must-have! :yes:
Have you tried Oriflame Pure Color On The Go Lipstick Vintage Nude?
You may also like to read:
- MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lipstick Rosewood Review, Swatches & Photos
- Streetwear Luscious Lip Colour 08PeachGlory & 05PinkWood Review & Swatches
- MAC Lipglass Poetic License:Review & Swatches
- Purederm Moisturizing Cucumber Face Pack Review
- Lush Sandstone Soap Review
- l’oreal Paris Hydrafresh – Lip Balm Review