peppermint oil contains menthol which is good for skin and gives a cooling effect.Used most commonly in soaps, shampoos and toothpaste oil contains many minerals and nutrients which includes iron, manganese, calcium, copper, vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Used often in Ayurvedic medicine peppermint oil helps in stimulating mind and enhancing mental focus.It givesÂ a soothing and cooling effect when applied to the skin this is the reason it is often used in balms.
- Peppermint helps in increasing blood flow and improves dull skin.If one is having blotchy or red skin then use of peppermint oil helps in reducing the problem.
- Uses :If massaged on problem skin thenÂ it acts as a pain-killer.
- Peppermint soaps if used regularly benefits the skin from its antiseptic qualities and helps in preventing bacterial and skin infections.
- Warnings – Peppermint can sometime irritates the skin especially if one is allergic to it.Pregnant women should not use this and avoid using it on young children who may have a sensitive skin.
- Before using the oil one should do a test patch of skin.If experience any irritation than discontinue using it.
You might like reading these also:-