Have you ever had a problem with the deodorants that come in cans? They always promise so many things – 2′ hour protection, softer underarms, whiter underarms, no stains on clothing etc. But to me, they are never as effective as promised. I have never found a deo that keeps me body odour free for a whole day, especially in summer. Plus, regular deos always tend to leave some kind of white residue on the underarms or even worse, on my lovely clothes!
I set out to find a better solution to this deo problem and stumbled upon a shop calledÂ Petite Threla on EtsyÂ that sells a natural deodorant. It is a solid deo that according to the shop owner has “a special aluminum-free odour blocker to keep you smelling fresh all day.” It contains zinc ricinoleateÂ to bind and trap odour molecules, corn starch to stop moisture and to give a silky feel plus jojoba oil, sunflower oil and vitamin E to keep skin smooth.
Let me give you some details about this deodorant and my experience with it:
Petite Threla’s solid deo comes in a rectangular tube and costs $4 for a 0.4oz. tube. Here is what it looks like:
And here is what the deo inside the tube looks like. Note that this one is brand new and therefore looks unused. The pic below will show you my old tube – 100% empty!
Here’s a list of its ingredients of Petite Threla Unscented Deodorant:-
cetyl alcohol, corn starch modified, caprylic/capric triglyceride, beeswax, tocopherol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin (vegetable sourced), zinc ricinoleate
Does this deo live up to its claims? Yes!!!Â Here’s what I like about it:
1. It keeps me odour free all day long, even in hot and humid weather (I tested this out in Chennai, Delhi and Lyon!)
2. It has never irritated my sensitive skin
3. It is quite stiff, so it does not leave behind any residue on my underarms or clothes.
4. It is very economical – I can use one tube for several months
5. It is unscented so I can apply the perfume of choice, although there are many fragrance options for those who prefer scented deos
6. The small size is perfect for travel (there is a larger size available too, but I prefer this one)
Here’s what I dislike about this deo:
It doesn’t completely stop me from sweating – While there is no odour, there is still some moisture and sweat
So as you can see, I have a long list of things that I love about this deodorant. It is one of my most used products and one that I have purchased repeatedly over the past few years. I will recommend it to anyone who is looking for a skin friendly and economical way to eliminate body odour!
Â Have you tried Petite Threla Unscented Deodorant ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Lakme Sheer Satin Gloss 21 Review & Swatches
- Darling Girl Cosmetics Holo Glosses Review & Swatches
- Best Body Butter For Sensitive Skin
- Wet N Wild Mega Wink Mascara Review & EOTD
- Body Lotion For Babies
- Sleek Makeup False Eyelashes Russian Blue & Siamese Review & EOTD
- Kiehlâ€™s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Review
- Deboarah Milano 24 Ore Waterproof Eye Pencil 8 Review & Swatches