Potato Sabzi With Poppy Seeds Recipe
Hello Wiseshe readers,
Few days ago I experimented in my kitchen and cooked a different dish for the first time. It is basically a Bengali vegetarian dish and also really healthy as the poppy seeds are packed with lot of calcium & other minerals which are really good for the body.
For those who are unaware of Poppy seeds, these are actually tiny oil seeds which are obtained from opium poppy. These seeds are included in preparing many dishes in either ground or whole form.
Poppy seeds are an excellent source of vitamins & dietary fiber and are rich in calcium & phosphorus content which is really regarded as great for bone health.
Lets know the Main Ingredients of this dish-
- Potatoes ( Peeled & cut into cubes )
- Poppy Seeds- 5-6 tbsp
- Green Chillies- 2 (slit into halves)
- Turmeric- 1/4 tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard oil- 1tbsp
- Sugar- 1/4 tbsp (optional)
Method Of Preparation-
- Firstly wash & peel potatoes and cut them into equal cubes.
- Soak the poppy seeds in warm water for about half an hour and after that grind it into a smooth paste in a grinding jar. Add a little water to make the paste smooth & consistent.
- If you wish to make the dish a little spicy, add green chillies along with poppy seeds and then grind it in a smooth paste.
- Now place a frying pan on the flame and add jeera in it and allow it to splutter.
- Add the green chillies and potato cubes and saute it for about 1-2 minutes.
- Now add salt , turmeric, sugar and water to the mixture and cook it covered till the potatoes are cooked by 3/4th portion.
- Now add the poppy seed paste and on a simmer flame cook it along with potatoes until all the water is evaporated.
- Now take 1 tbsp of mustard oil & drizzle it on the dish. Mix & blend well and remove from flame.
- Potato Sabzi with poppy seeds is ready to be served with hot rice and daal.
One can add chopped onions along with 1-2 dry red chillies in the initial tempering which gives an altogether different & mouth watering aroma to the dish. The taste is hugely affected and the dish becomes more yummilicious. Alternately, cumin powder can also be added to this dish which is also going to enhance its taste to a great extent.
Have you tried this Potato Sabzi with Poppy Seeds?
You might also like to read:-
- Sigma Black Friday Exclusive Sale â€“ Will We Make It This Time?
- MAC Hidden Treasure Blush (Style Sleeker Blush) Review & Swatches
- My Beauty Diary Bulgarian White Rose Mask|Korean Face Mask
- 7 Best MAC Pink Brown Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Evian Facial Spray Review