Princess Diana Beauty And Makeup Secrets
She may have left the world, but the world can never leave her. She would have been 54 this year and she would have looked as gorgeous as ever. The epitome of beauty and elegance, her death was as mysterious as her deep blue eyes. Still considered as one of the most inspirational women and a style and fashion icon, she is none other than the Princess of Wales, she is none other than Princess Diana.
31st August 1997, the day she left us, I was just a kid of seven. Yet I could feel the immense void. Even the 7 year olds knew what a beauty she was. So today Iâ€™ll be discussing some of the beauty and makeup secrets that Princess used to follow.
Health and Skincare Secrets
- Princess Diana was very aware of her beauty regime, cleansing, toning and moisturising twice a day.
- Hydrating serums and sun block lotion were never to forget parts of her daily life.
- Diana was very sensible when it came to her skin, she would always make sure she took her makeup off at the end of the day and make sure she always had a clean face before applyin makeup. According to her favourite makeup artist, Princess always used to remove makeup before going to bed.
- She believed that if you rely on smoking and drinking excessively to relieve your stress, it will eventually increase your stress by hampering your health and destroy your most important beauty asset, i.e. your skin. So nothing in excess is good. Even she used to drink a lot in her initial days, but later cut back on her drinking and the result is in front of us. She had a skin worth drooling over.
- A good, well-balanced diet and exercise were essential parts of her life. She used to start her day with a jog around the Kensington Gardens each morning. The enviable hour glass figure was mostly maintained by doing strenuous morning exercises.
- The famous and universally favourite lemon and lukewarm water detox drink was her absolute favourite too.
- She kept herself hydrated throughout the day with fresh juices and water.
- The princess was known for her great skin. Because she was chased by spotlights throughout the day and photographed all the time, she had to put the foundation-concealer on, the eye shadow, the mascara and the whole kind of regime that would give you that polished look. But otherwise, she used to like seriously avoid any kind of makeup. Her makeup mantra was- Wear makeup only when necessary.
- She believed in highlighting the best facial feature and the award of Dianaâ€™s best facial feature goes to her eyes (Isnâ€™t it obvious?). She only stuck to blue liners until she became open minded about trying new looks and colours. After that she was once heard saying, â€œItâ€™s all about experimenting. And women should be experimental and try not to get stuck in a makeup rut. We should try new things. Whatever our age.â€
- She always wanted a nude mouth, a soft mouth. And thus went with understated lips complementing her beautiful, attractive eyes. It is all about creating the right balance.
- Another thing which was her absolute favourite was perfume. Er makeup artist, Greenwell, said in an interview that, â€œShe always, always, always wore fragrance, which is a huge thing in a womanâ€™s life. Itâ€™s kind of the final touch of beauty, walking out smelling divine and chic and individual.â€ We couldnâ€™t agree more. Smelling nice is very crucial, no matter if you are a princess or queen of someplace or a queen of your own world.
Remember, you donâ€™t necessarily have to be a princess to follow these tips. Despite being a princess she relied on very common and basic skincare and makeup regimes. It is all about taking care of and presenting yourself.
Hope you liked going through the article.
What do you like most about Princess Diana?
You might like to read:-