By Rajeswari, Pro activ Solution Review
No one I know has missed the irritating advertisements with Celina Jaitley batting her lens-colored eyes while singing praises of Proactiv :), So I am guessing that you beauties also must have caught the ad sometime!
Despite the unfortunate advertisements, this is a product that does work!
What Proactiv solution Promises:
The ProactivÂ® Difference(Proactive solution for acne)– Spot treating blemishes after they break out is too lateÃ¢â‚¬â€a frustrating, losing battle that does nothing for prevention. In contrast, Proactiv is different because it is designed to fight existing pimples and control future breakouts before they even surface on your skin. Proactiv treats the whole faceÃ¢â‚¬â€and neck, chest, shoulders and back as neededÃ¢â‚¬â€in a way that helps to prevent breakouts before they even get started. Also, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s formulated with soothing botanicals like allantoin, panthenol, aloe and chamomile that leave your skin feeling smooth, healthy and hydrated.
What you get in the box:
Proactive Revitalizing Toner
Proactive Repairing Lotion
Proactive Refining Mask
Proactive Booklet on how to prevent Acne
I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have the box anymore but it had plastic cubby-holes for each product inside a big cardboard box and it reached me without any damage. Some more photos of the products. The contents are not very visible because of the curved bottle, but they do seem to have a full listing.
How to use:
- Cleanse: Use the Renewing Cleanser twice a day. The cleanser has 2.5% prescription-grade Benzoyl Peroxide content and tiny exfoliating beads to remove impurities and dead cells.
- Tone: Use the Revitalizing Toner twice a day after cleansing. The toner is alcohol free and has Â bio-extracts like aloe vera
- Moisturize: Use the Repairing Lotion twice a day after toning. The lotion also has 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide content
Refining Mask: Apply to cleansed face and leave for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Apply 1-3 times a week (Or do spot application for single pimples which pop up). This is my favorite product of the lot. I felt my acne scars reducing and my face looking brighter
My experience with Proactiv Products(Proactive acne treatment)
I have been suffering from Acne since my college days. I have tried everything from grannyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s home-remedies to a wide variety of topical creams and other goo but nothing gave me lasting results. I put up with messy tomatoes, stinky Sha-Clear and many masks which left my wallet lighter and my pimples thriving!
I had seen the Proactiv ads but I still was a little wary about buying this product. During one of our offsite trips, I noticed my American roommate using Proactiv. She recommended it to me and I ordered it online. Â I had ordered the 30 day trial version for Rs. 2995 but now I notice that they have a new offer for 60 days trial for Rs 2995. (Sigh, Always happens to me 🙂 )
But after using Proactiv for even less than a week I could definitely see a difference. Within a month my pimples were gone! I could contain the appearance of pimples with simple Aloe Vera gel after that. In fact, I have not bought Proactiv after the first time! Even after using it for a month (Since I bought the 30 day pack) I still have product left over. Â Once in a while if a pimple pops up, I use a dab of the leftover Refining Mask on it, either for 10 minutes or leave it on overnight and the pimples go away.
How I would recommend using it:
Before using Proactiv I would recommend buying a big jar of BrihanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s or PathanjaliÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Aloe Vera GelÂ 🙂
I used to apply Aloe Vera gel at least twice a day. It helped me a lot in reducing redness and dryness on my face. And I did not need to use any other moisturizer.
Also I do not recommend using Proactiv everyday for extended periods of time. I would advise getting rid of Â acne using Proactiv (For a week or 2 months or however long it takes to get rid of your acne) and then preventing acne by using other means like Aloe Vera gel or home remedies. If acne flares up again, use Proactiv to bring it under control as and when necessary.
More tips to prevent Acne:
- Make sure that you do not have dandruff which leads to acne. Or use an anti-dandruff shampoo regularly to keep dandruff off.
- Change your pillowcase frequently and wash it with Dettol to prevent infection from spreading.
- Use a face-wash with Salicylic acid (I love Clean and Clear foaming face-wash)
Be careful about:
- Bleaching Action: It has a strong bleaching action. So be sure to wash your face and hands thoroughly unless you want your towels to be bleached white when you wipe your face on it
- Redness of skin:Â There might be some skin peeling which will cause mild redness. But this lasts only until the pimple dries off. Aloe Vera gel helps with this
- Benzoyl Peroxide content: Benzoyl peroxide works by slowly releasing oxygen that helps to fight bacteria, a primary cause of acne. It also contributes to the peeling and drying of the skin which helps to reduce blackheads and whiteheads. Some people are also allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide.
Concerns about Benzoyl Peroxide during pregnancy:
Only trace amounts of benzoyl peroxide is absorbed by the skin when applied to the face. Many doctors consider benzoyl peroxide safe to use during pregnancy and there have been no recorded problems by women who have used the medication during pregnancy. Manufacturers of benzoyl peroxide products remain more cautious and recommend that benzoyl peroxide should not be used during pregnancy unless it is considered essential.
-1 for two reasons:
- Products being expensive and not something I would advise using for prolonged periods of time
- Benzoyl Peroxide content: Although there is no conclusive proof about it being harmful during pregnancy or breast-feeding, it is better to be careful
How to order: You can order the Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ3-step 60 Day SystemÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ online at http://www.proactiv.in/.
Price of proactiv solution price
The price is Rs. 2995 (Renewing cleanser: 120 ml, Revitalising Toner: 120 ml, Repairing Lotion: 60 ml and a free Refining mask: ~ 28 g)
Mode of Payment: You can pay using
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Cash On Delivery
They also have a 10% saving offer on Credit and Debit cards and a 30 day money back guarantee.
Has anyone else tried Proactiv? What has your experience been like?
You can visit Rajshwari blog here
You might like reading these also:-