Pros and Cons of Laser Treatment for Pigmentation on Face
Laser Treatment is a process that uses a strong beam of light to cure skin problems. It has become quite popular now-a-days and there are not just one or two but plenty of reasons as to why thousands of people seek laser treatments as solutions to their problems.
In Laser treatment for pigmentation, pigmentation are treated using specialized services and products containing effective ingredients and technology that are specifically chosen for their exceptional properties to help correct tan, pigmentation, dark spots and age spots, resulting in a visibly clearer and luminous complexion.
Types of pigmentation which can be treated with laser therapy
Melasma, solar lentigos or sun spots, birthmarks, port-wine stains and freckles.
- Melasma is a patchy brown discoloration of the skin on the face.
- Solar lentigines, are small brown pigmented spot on the skin with a clearly defined edge, surrounded by normal-appearing skin. These mainly appear in sun exposed areas like the tops of the hands and face.
- Birthmarks are normally flat and are brown or black in color.
- Port-wine stains are the kind of pigmentation defects in which some reddish-purple discolourations appear on the skin as a result of some swollen red blood vessels in the body.
- Freckles are small, brownish spots on the skin that are caused by deposition of pigment and that increase in number and darken on exposure to sunlight.
Laser treatment for pigmentation targets on two main objectives
- The first is to remove the existing pigmentation.
- The second is to stop the formation of new melanin in the area.
- But, the ultimate target is to have even-toned, smoother and youthful-looking skin.
Pros of Laser treatment
- Quite effective. When done from a reputed clinic there is a chance that 90% , even 100% of your pigmentation will vanish in a set of sessions provided.
- Less painful than other laser treatments.
- Improved appearance.
- The duration of each laser session is quite short, aprox 30mins.
- Require a very short recovery time.
- No age limit.
Cons of Laser treatment
- Dangerous if you go to someone inexperienced.
- May require several sessions.
- Some may feel a slight stinging or burning.
- Redness, swelling, bruising, and dry patches can be seen on person who had undergone layer treatment. Proper after-care is required.
- It may leave a laser scar mark that will require another session of laser treatment to get removed.
Please consult a doctor before heading towards any laser treatment clinic. Do your research and then go for it. You will like it in the long run. Go to someone who is well-known in this field rather than going to someone inexperienced just because he is giving some luring discounts. It is important to follow all the follow-up instructions given by the doctor.
Do you have more information to share about Laser Treatment for pigmented skin?
You might like to read:-