- Sometimes, they’re a hereditary problem and hence very difficult to cure
- Unhealthy habits like smoking/alcohol can also aggravate this problem
- Poor diet, i.e. insufficient nutrient intake and lack of sleep can be a possible reason
- Sometimes, we neglect to remove eye makeup/creams from the skin around eyes before sleeping. This can lead to puffy eyes.
- If it’s a chronic problem, please check with your doctor for kidney and sinuses. Often, it’s advised to reduce the salt consumption in these cases.
Here are some simple home remedies for under eye bags –
- Wash your eyes and the skin underneath with tepid water
- There are a number of ingredients which can be applied below eyes to reduce puffiness –
- Soak tea bags in hot water, allow them to cool and then use as eye pads
- I also read that a mixture of witch hazel and rose water in equal quantities, applied with cotton helps in reducing puffiness.
- Grated potatoes or potato juice is also said to have good effect on puffy eyes
After applying either of these ingredients, lie down and relax for 10-15 minutes.
- You can also apply cold milk or a compress of iced water over the closed eyelids and leave for 10-15 minutes.
Thus, with some simple precautions and handy steps, you can take care of your eyes and under eyes and can stay and look young !