â€˜I was born intelligent, but education ruined meâ€. â€“ I read on somewhere. I have my version of it for my hair. â€œI was born with thick, lustrous, dark brown, smooth hair, but my negligence ruined itâ€.Â My mom always told me that when I was bought to her for the first time after I was born to her at the hospital, the nurse probably combed and my hair neatly with a side partition. Thank God she didnâ€™t exaggerate it to have worn some cutesy bow clips to keep them in place 😛
The bottom line is today if I am struggling with dry, limp hair itâ€™s my fault. Thanks to no oiling and all the experiments I have tried on my hair. Needless to say the food habits and my stressful lifestyle. I have to do so much more to take control. I have set a routine for my hair which I donâ€™t miss for anything. So here is what I do:
Shampoo and Conditioner
- I use various brands. Continually using the same brand, it stops working on me for some reason. So I keep changing it from time to time.
- I use brands like John Frieda, Tony and Guy, Paul Michelle and my latest is Tresemme and Park Avenue Beer Shampoo.
- I use dry and damaged hair shampoos.
- I shampoo my hair once every 2 days, very regularly.
- I oil my hair everytime I plan to wash them. I oil for about 30 to 60 mins before shower.
- Oils I use are Olive oil, Moroccon oil and my latest if Dove Elixir for Dry hair.
Hair Spa (Special Treatments)
- I get my hair spa done at my favourite salon very rarely. May be once in 6-8 months.
- But I regularly (once a month) open up my own salon at home and give my hair a wonderful spa treatment. How??? Here you go.
Things you need for the spa:
- Loreal Hair Spa Cream – Mandatory
- Loreal Hair Spa Concentrate for Dry hair( You get for dandruff treatment too) â€“ Mandatory.
- A loving hubby to give you a good head massage 😉 â€“ Optional
How to proceed:
- Take a bowl.
- Add one large scoop of Loreal Hair Spa Cream to One vial of Loreal Hair Spa Scalp Concentrate. Mix well.
- Apply it on the scalp.
- Take another scoop of Cream and apply to the ends of the hair.
- Comb through the length of the hair and ask you hubby darling for the lovely head massage. If he refuses do it yourself. 😛
- Take a hot towel and wrap your entire hair and leave it for about half hour. You can do the rest of the chores till then 🙂
- Wash it clean with luke warm water. Shampoo and conditioner. Seal with a leave on serum. Taadaaa… you have the softest and smoothest hair ever. Bet you canâ€™t get your hands off it.
Disclaimer – This is done of shampooed, towel dried hair. I am lazy; I do it without the shampoo and wash only after the spa.
You can also use just the cream as a deep conditioner. Works wonderfully on the hair texture.
What I like about Loreal Hair Spa Cream?
- Leaves my hair amazingly smooth and soft.
- Fuss free. Easy application.
- Packaging. It comes in a big box with wide neck. Easy to remove the quantity you need. Excess can go back too.
- My hair smells lovely.
What I donâ€™t like about the product?
- Itâ€™s a chicken and egg story. To get rid of the all the after effects of chemicals on my hair I am using some more of them 🙁
Overall rating â€“ 4/5
Price â€“ INR 560/ –
Availability â€“ Drug Stores. I bought mine from Beautiful.