Post By Swati,
I do not go out of the house without kohl and eyeliner on my eyes. Even if I am getting late for my classes, I need to do a quick swipe before I leave. So, I love eyeliners that come in the form of pens or in this case, sharpie because it is very easy to achieve precision and perfection with them.
What Revlon claims :-
- Felt tip controlled application
- Smudge-proof lasting color that wears up to 16 hours
- Easier to apply than traditional liquid eyeliners
Price: INR 500
I had tried the Lakme Eye pen and was very satisfied with it, but being an adventure-bunny I decided to give this Revlon one a try.
As the name suggests, this comes in the form of a pen whilst the felt tip is like that of a Sharpie or sketch pen. The tip is firm, actually too firm. So, even though it gives precision it tugs and scratches the eye lids if used more than once. If you check the swatches below you will wonderÂ why I swipe it multiple times.The thing is, the shade is called â€˜Blackest Blackâ€™ and that is where this fails. The color is nowhere close to intense black in the first swipe. If I swipe it a couple of times, the pigmentation builds up, but who does that on their lids? Contrary to claims, it does not give 16 hours of wear. It fades on me after 5-6 hours and reapplication is required. Other than that, it lives up to the other 2 claims. I have been using this almost every day for about 6 months now and it is yet to dry up. I now use this to draw an outline on my lids and then fill it up with a dark liquid liner. This way, I get precision and intense color pay-off both.
Â Swatches of Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
What I liked about Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
- Tip is very sturdy. Gives precise application.
- Tip is very pointed. Itâ€™s great for drawing fine lines.
- Staying power is good enough.
- Will not dry up quickly.
- Dries within 2 seconds.
- The color finish is not super- matte like those lakme insta-liners. It is slightly glossy.
What I do not like about Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
- Pigmentation is disappointing. Multiple swipes required for decent color. Even then, it is, in no sense of the term, â€˜blackest blackâ€™.
- The felt-tip is too harsh. It scratches the lid, so donâ€™t even think of using this on the lower lashline.
- Not waterproof.Â But the Company does not even claim this, so I donâ€™t really know if this should count as a con.
- Too pricey for the job it does.
- Will I buy it again: No.
- Will I recommend this: Go for it if you are a true fan of Revlon and love increasing their sales. Otherwise, youâ€™re better off without this.
Â You might like reading these also:-
- Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor Infinite Apricot Review,Swatches & FOTD
- Simple Lilac Eyeshadow Tutorial
- FabIndia Melon Face and Body Gel Scrub Review
- Simple Every Day Nail Art Designs
- Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon 006 Black Review+EOTD
- How To Use KONAD Stamping Nail Art
- Oriflame Beauty Dual skin Corrector Concealer Review
- Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon Bronze Smoke Review & Swatches