Hello all Makeupholics,
Here is one more BB cream in the market and this time it’s from Revlon. Colorbar BB cream will be reviewed by Shweta. Let me tell you about the Revlon BB Cream which is on the expensive side and costs INR 550 for 30ml.
I have been using it since Â quite some time Â and have worn it on every day basis, in my gym and outside etc etc and its time I review it now. Revlon BB cream is available in three shades which are light medium, medium and light and I got medium for myself which perfectly matches my NC42 skin tone. It’s neither dark or even a bit lighter or I should say that it’s shade adjusting.
About Revlon Photoready BB Cream:-
HYDRATES like moisturizerSMOOTHES like primerCOVERS like foundationBLURS FLAWS like concealerPROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen
Directions:Dab on cheeks, nose, and forehead, and blend outward. Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream may be worn alone on bare skin or over your regular skin care for additional moisture. Three versatile shades will adapt to fit your individual skin tone.
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%). Octisalate (5.0%). Titanium Dioxide (6.5%). Inactive Ingredients: Aqua [(Water) Eau], Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Isostearic Acid, Boron Nitride, Alumina, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Algin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice), Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Extract, Lecithin, Stearic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Steareth-2, Tromethamine, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Steareth-21, Methicone, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Simethicone, Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).
- Packaging – It comes in a grey colour squeeze bottle with a black cap on it.Tube has a small opening which gives good control over the quantity of the product to be dispensed .
My experience with Revlon Photoready BB Cream India:-
I don’t have much of acne problem if I don’t count those occasional bursts of mini monsters which I face while testing some products. Revlon BB Cream shade medium has quite a lot of yellow undertones .It’s on the thicker side and is quite hydrating. It’s in fact a little over-hydrating than required and oily skin should stay away from it especially if you are living in humid areas.
It blends well but won’t hide open pores or fine lines.In terms of coverage it’s more or less like the Maybelline bb cream which I used before.It doesn’t have great lasting power if used alone.
I have combination skin and after applying it my face little oily and to over come that I use compact over it which makes it stay for five-six hours maximum.
I require my concealor with it for sure so if you have acne scared or hyper pigmentation then Â I believe you should skip it out.What I like about the cream is the dewy glow which it gives and constant use makes your skin look healthier.
Revlon Photoready BB Cream Shade Medium Swatch:-
Texture is on the creamier side but you won’t be able to build coverage and if tried then you will get that cakey feeling.
Coming to the pros and cons:-
What I liked about Revlon Photoready BB Cream:-
1)It’s quite hydrating and you won’t need your moisturiser underneath when using it.
2)Coverage is on the sheer side but when I sealed this with a compact it work fine during the day and last for 5-6 hours.
3) Dry skin girls with no open pores problem are going to like it.You can literally skip out your moisturizer with it..I don’t know about people with very dry skin as they might require a base underneath.
4)If used without compact it gives a good glow to the skin but there is no shimmer or sparkle as such into it.
5) It blends well.
6) I swatched the three shades and they are perfectly chosen for variety of skin tone.For instant light skin tone shade is great for pale looking skin which requires yellow and bit of pink undertones.
7) Makes skin look little healthier when used regularly.
8) It smoothens skin like primer .
9) SPF 30 is definitely an added advantage.
What I do not like about Revlon Photoready BB Cream:-
1) Just not good for oily skin tone.It’s too hydrating .
2) Coverage is sheer and won’t build up.It won’t be able to hide open pores or fine lines.I need extra coverage with powder compact to make it work.Company claims that it blurs flaws like concealer which is nothing but a lame claim only 😛
3)Stays just for a maximum of five Â – six hours.
Will I recommend it to others – I have mixed feelings about the product although I am not fond of it as it just makes my skin oilier when used alone. I will any day prefer my Maybelline 8 in 1 beauty balm over it. Dry skin beauties can definitely try it out.You can skip moisturiser and SPF with it and you will definitely save a lot of time and energy, provided you don’t need a lot of concealing.
Wise She Rating – 2.5/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Smoky Green Eye Indian Princess Look
- Maxfactor Color Elixir Lipstick In Eternal Flame Review & Swatches
- Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick 30 Cinnamon Bun Review And Swatches
- 10 Commandments To Lovely,Long,Polished And Practical Nails.
- Flormar Delux Shine Stylo Lipstick D40 Review & Swatches
- New Blushes In My Stash This Weekend
- Maybelline Color Bloom Lip Balm in Peach Blossom Review
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Plumâ€™s The Word 360 Review & Swatches
- Best Facial Pack for Oily Skin â€“ Tan Removal For Oily Skin
- MUA Blush in No.4: Review, FOTD
- Maybelline Baby Lips Color Berry Crush Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Nail Lacquer in Gold Dust Review and Swatches