blissfullÂ embarrassingÂ it is when some one compliments you for the the beautiful coral cheeks which you have got after a heavy duty work out. Ofcourse!You will not open up your secret of the natural blush and just smile away Â :D.I wonder what will she think when the coral cheeks gets transformed into a pink one ..lolz.
Secret of coral cheeks is the beautiful Revlon photoready coral reef blush which was launched last year in 2012. These blushes wereÂ availableÂ in three shades Â -Flushed (cool pink), Coral Reef (vibrant coral) and Pinched (natural peach) Â but on Revlon site it says six. .I wonder how many will be released here in India butÂ shadeÂ coral reef is just too pretty.
- Price – $11 (It will definitely be on the higher side here in India when launched)
About Revlon Photoready Coral Reef:-
Blushing beauty is at your fingertips with this weightless, creamy formula. Blends easily into skin, adding a sheer wash of color to your cheeks. Pop-out mirror is perfect for easy application anywhere, anytime.
- Packaging – It comes in a round pot with a black cap over it.As the pot below is transparent, one can easily see the shade and it’s travel friendly .Won’t take up most of your space especially if you use your finger for applying cream blushes. It has the name of the blush written on its top.It’s something similar to sleek pout polish.
Looks scary in the pan (Well! all cream blushes do) but it’s a must have for those who are scared of experimenting cream shades. Like butter on the hot toast (Yes! I am writing up this review before breakfast and thinking of it ) it glides into the skinÂ becauseÂ of their silicon based formula.
- Pigmentation – I expected Revelon Photoready coral reef to be highly pigmented but on the contrary it’s quite sheer. However, the pigmentation can be built up.
- Texture – It’s not very creamy, sticky either just of the right texture which gives flushed cheeks.
- Application – I use Sigma F82 Round Kabuki brushÂ for application. One can use finger also. Trick to make this blush look awesome is to apply it higher on the cheekbones and go less across the apples.
Revlon Photoready Coral Reef Blush Swatches:-
Shade will suit most skin tones leaving you with beautiful coral shine cheeks. On the left I have swiped the blush 2-3 times. It has no shimmer and sparkle whatsoever.
This is how it looks on me
What I like about Revlon photoready Coral Reef:-
- I love how natural it looks.
- Smooth texture
- Sheer colour which can be built up
- Travel friendly packaging
- Will suit most skin tone
What I do not like about Revlon Photoready Coreal Reef:-
- You definitely need a foundation/bb cream or tinted moisturiser base before applying it otherwise it kind of settles down on the pores.
- Oily skin girls will have to sandwich it between foundation and compact which is kind of true with most creamy blushes.
- Not available in India till now.
- Stays for 5-6 hours.
Recommendation – I am fond of Revlon products and this one is my favourite right now hands down.
- Pigmentation – 3.5/5
- Texture – 4/5
- Color – 4.5/5
- AvailabilityÂ – Yet to release in India