Revlon smokey sexy blue is an ideal palette for smokey eye look lovers.All the colours in this palette are nicely pigmented and pretty much wearable.
- Easily create and customize the eye look you want with 4 shadows and 1 liner. For dramatic eye popping looks like never before!
- Price INRÂ 625
There are five eyeshadow in the palette although Revlon says that each palette has four eyeshadow and one eyeliner but I find no differentiation in five of them
- Packaging – Its a sleek palette which has a side open trendy flap.These are travel friendly with a sponge applicator.One side of the applicator has a usual brush and on the opposite side is a thin eyeliner sponge brush.I rarely like any sponge applicator which comes in the palettesÂ but this one is sturdy and it makes the eyeshadow application pretty easy.
What I loved most is the print over the eyeshadow.I wish the print could stay intact but it gets dissolved right after first usage.
Shades:-(L to R)
- Periwinkle Blue– It is light silverish blue colour which is nicely pigmented.I like to use it on the inner corner of my eyes.
- Royal Blue – This is the most pigmented colour which give definition to many of the eye makeup look which i tried.It is matte and highly smooth.
- White Highlighter-This highlighter has slight shimmer in it but it has lot of fall too.
- Grayish blue -This blue shade needs to be build up and has slight shimmer in it.
- Smokey black – Its like a regular smokey black which can be built up.One has to be carefull with it as it tends to look muddy sometimewhen other shades are mixed up
Swatches of Revlon Smokey Sexy Custom Eyeshadow & liner duo
In different lighting
I tried a simple smokey eye look today by using all the five shades .White highlighter is powdery but it goes well with the smokey look.
What is most interesting about the palette is that it is best to be used with the sponge applicator or fingers.When I use soft brush, shades getsÂ mixed up and look muddy .For example -when I applied silverish blue in the inner corner with the help of a brush it didn’t come up nicely and when I used the sponge applicator it gave me the desired look.I experienced the same case with the greyish blue eyeshadow which I applied in the middle of the eyelid.
What I liked about Revlon Smokey Sexy Custom eyeshadow & liner duo
- I like the shades, packaging,eyeshadow print and price too as I got five eyeshadow in one palette.
- Available in many shades
- Easily available
- All colour of the eyeshadow is pretty much wearable
- Its very very smooth in application
What I do not like about Revlon Smokey sexy custom eyeshadow palette
- Pigmentation of few shades needs to be built up.
- Its travel friendly but there is no attached inbuilt mirror in it
- Will I recommend it to others- Yes,must have for blue lovers and smokey eye look lover shouldn’t skip it 😛
- Wise She Rating – 4/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Fab India Aloe & Cucumber Gel Face Pack Review
- Oriflame Beauty Wild west Couture Eye Pencil Review
- Eye Makeup With Faces Cosmetics Sparkles Dust
- 15 Color Camouflage Concealer MakeUp Pro Palette Kit Review
- Faces Sparkle Dust Pigments Shade#3 Review & Swatches
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Blush#9 Review