Rice is staple food in almost all Indian houses and everyone will have their own version and tips to make rice.
Below are some tips which I learnt during my cooking journey which has really helped me.
1. If you add few drops of lemon juice in the water before boiling the rice then the cooked rice will turn out quite white in color.
2. If you cook rice in vegetable stock or chicken broth then the taste of the rice will be enhanced.
3. Add 1 tsp of canola oil in the water before boiling the rice. This will separate all the rice grains after cooking. I use this tip generally when I am making fried rice.
4. If you want fluffy rice then use less water. An ideal ratio of rice water is 1:2 but for fluffy rice you can use 1-3/4 cup of water.
5. After cooking rice you can use the rice water to make soup.
6. If you add 4-5 gm of dried mint leaves powder in 1 kg of rice then it will keep the rice away from the insects.
7. To make Chinese left over one day old rice works really well.
Do you have any rice making tips to share?
You might like reading these also:-
- Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Shower Gel Review
- 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Atomic Pink Review
- 5 Perfect Bengali Brides Makeup Breakdown
- 3 Amazing Rose Face Pack Recipes
- MAC Prep+Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer Illuminateur Review
- 10 Sparrow Tattoo Designs Ideas
- 5 Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Review :Blue, Grey, Green, Brown & White