I was rummaging through Â my vanity earlier last month while packing for a trip and found this foundation I’d bought last year. For the life of me I couldn’t recall why I’d forgotten about it despite it being placed in the frontal part of the drawer. So I decided to take this with me while travelling to use it and check it out more in an effort to recall. Suffice to say, I did remember….wanna know more? Read on..
About Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Loose Powder Foundation:-
- Over 6 Shades.
- Get the rimmel look!
- Give your face the perfect tone and colour.
- Includes Brush.
My take on Rimmel Lasting Finish Minerals Loose Powder Foundation: –
- Packaging: This powder comes in a small, plastic round sifter tub with a screw top lid. It’s not very sturdy and the lid does seem like it would crazk after 1 fall. It comes with a teeny tiny brush which looks like the tiniest of Kabuki’s. It’s honestly of no use but it’s just so damn cute!
- Price: Â Below 3 pounds. I don’t recall how much I got this for here though. I think it was close to 500bucks.
- Quantity:Â 6.5gms
- Coverage & Usage: Coverage? WHAT COVERAGE?? No points for figuring out the coverage of this..It’s not even a light coverage powder..Seriously…I have used this with a powder puff and with a powder brush as well but even then it’s of no use. Other than blotting out a bit of oiliness this doesn’t really conceal anything or even out the skin.
- Texture: The powder being mineral kinds is really soft and finely milled. Feels like silk!
- Staying Power: I have no idea how this can be targeted for long stay…especially since it doesn’t stay for even 2hrs straight! Yea..Its more like a dusting loose powder to blot out the oiliness.
- Cost & Availability: This brand is a very affordable drugstore brand in the US and is actually one of the most affordable brands around.
My Verdict: I would give this a miss for sure. Especially if one is targeting a foundation. This is absolutely NOT a foundation. At the most it can be used as a finishing powder. Otherwise this does absolutely nothing. I was hoping for atleast light to medium coverage but unfortunately this doesn’t even do that. Mineral powders are known for a lot of good things but I can’t see even 1 plus point of this product in terms of it being a foundation.
Here’s how it looks when blended….Do you any change at all??? Coz I see none..
Pros of Rimmel Lasting Finish Minerals Loose Powder Foundation:
- Oil free
- Talc free
- Preservative free
- Fragrance free
- Would be a good finishing powder.
- Get a cute brush with this.
Cons of Rimmel Lasting Finish Minerals Loose Powder Foundation:-
- For all its positives, it doesn’t fulfill the basic point of its purchase…To be worn as a foundation!
- Lighter than light coverage and doesn’t even out the skin tone.
- Not available in India (not that this is a huge minus since this is such a huge dud!)
- Pigmentation: 2/5
- Packaging: 3.5/5
- Coverage: 2/5
- Staying Power: 2/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
Would I repurchase: Nope. As a finishing powder it’s pretty nice, but definitely not for a foundation.
You may also like to read these:
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot Okie Dokie Artichokie Review,Swatches
- Forest Essentials Velvet Silk Body Cream Review
- Himalaya Revitalizing Night Cream Reviews
- The Balm Hot Mama Blush Review & Swatches
- Lâ€™Oreal Paris Glamor Chic Travel palette Review & Swatches
- Beautiful Rose Leather Bag & Brandmile.com Shopping Experience2
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coralicious :Review, Swatches
- Rimmel Vinyl Stars Gloss in Lick My Lips