As I mentioned in my previous post about Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick that it was my first ever purchase from Rimmel, so I also bought this foundation from there. I was actually looking for a foundation with light to medium coverage and that stays on my skin for a LONG time. I am oily so nothing stays on my facial skin. I used to buy a lot of full coverage thick foundations but due to excess oil on face they made me look cakey and gross especially in summers. Now with a good skin care routine, my skin has finally improved (a bit). Acne is clear but blemishes and visible pores are still very prominent.
I looked up at the Rimmel counter and they had several types of foundations. My eyes hit the up to 12 hours and 24 hours stay matte foundations. I was surprised with such high claims and really wanted to try them on my stubborn oily skin. So, I picked the up to 12 hours claim one first, it is a â€˜shine-controlâ€™ formula with active ingredients like cucumber, chamomile and cotton. Cucumber has cooling agents, chamomile hydrates the skin and cotton absorbs the excess oil. All good ingredients for oily skin. Previously, none of the oil-control foundations could actually keep me matte for long but this foundation did work on me, say for about 4 hours, which I am really happy with. 🙂 It keeps me matte, more of like a dewy finished look.
Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation Shade 400 Bronze Â Ingredients:-
This foundation is perfect for those who do not really like heavy foundations, those who use BB creams instead. I feel it is a better option as this foundation gives more coverage than BB cream and is lighter than a foundation. Hence, it settles somewhere in between a BB cream and a foundation.
- Price: Rs. 330
- Net Wt.: 30 ml
My experience withÂ Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation Shade 400 Bronze:
Packaging- Almost a look-alike of Maybelline BB cream with a plastic squeeze tube but a bit bigger and sturdier that is hygienic and easy to fit in your purse.
- Smell- It has that basic foundation smell, nothing too hard. It says fragrance free but not completely.
- Shade- I thought I picked up my natural skin tone but itâ€™s a shade darker than my natural skin tone. :/ Its shade #400 Bronze which is towards wheatish and darker skin tones. I feel #300 0r #303 will suit me better. Figuring out the right shade was difficult as they all looked almost identical in the tube to me. Very slight difference could be noticed when swatched.
- Consistency- The consistency is quite runny like the Maybelline Clearglow BB cream. Actually, it is very identical to a BB cream even on application than a regular foundation.
- Coverage- the coverage is light to medium and feels matte and dry upon application.
- Lasting Power- It stayed on me for a good 8 hours, first 4 hours without touch-up. I need to wear it longer to check out the 12 hours claim.
What I like about Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation Shade 400 Bronze:-
- Oil-free, non-greasy. Completely matte.
- Paraben free.
- Helps control oil.
- Have active ingredients like cucumber, chamomile and cotton.
- Comes in variety of shades.
- Travel friendly.
- Hygienic packaging.
What I do not like about Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation Shade #400 Bronze:
Will I repurchase this foundation?: I might but I will be trying the 24 hours claim one too.
Overall Verdict: I am quite impressed with this foundation. It kept me matte, felt light, did not break me out and gave a fair coverage to conceal the visible blemishes. It has most all qualities that a good foundation should have, except that it is not buildable. I would recommend it to those who have a better skin and do not need much of coverage. A problematic or visible acne skin will not be helped too much by it.
Â Have you tried Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation Shade 400 Bronze?
You might like reading these also:-
- Wise She Magnet â€“ How To Get Aqua Eyes
- Missoni:Linking Fashion and Interiors
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick # 20 Review &Swatches
- Montagne Jeunesse Face Pack Rosa de Amor Review
- 101 Lipstick Matrix As Per Skin Tone
- Birthday Haullllllllll
- Pondâ€™s White Beauty Tan Removal Scrub Review
- Pure Rose Water â€“ Forest Essentials Facial Toner Pure Rosewater
- Once a Diva, Always A Diva
- Deborah Milano Comfort Mat Foundation Review
- Avon Ultra Color Rich Vitalicious Lipstick Enduring Sable Review & Swatches
- Milani Runway Eyes Fashion Shadows Haute Couture