Rimmel Vinyl Stars Mirror Shine Lipgloss in Lick My Lips
I’ve always been a gloss fan, even in college. But I used to discard most of them because of the sticky and icky texture they had. Then there was a long lull of about 2yrs when I didn’t buy even 1 gloss. Yes girls, not even 1 gloss…i was so fed up with the stickiness and the lip allergies which followed.
Then on a trip to my usual beauty supply store, I came across these glosses. I’d never heard of Rimmel before and on inquiry found out that this is a US brand and this particular range was the first of its kind and known simply because of its non-sticky formula. That was all I needed to hear and I picked 3-4 of these and walked out. I admit after that we’ve seen the growth of lots many glosses from other brands with the same non-sticky texture, but this is where it started….
About Rimmel Vinyl Stars Lipgloss
Vinyl Gloss now has a great shine magnifying formula for beautiful juicy looking lips that are bursting with color. Its technology features a boosted magnifying Vinyl Shine Complex for a perfectly sculpted pout that is up to 80% shinier!
The lightweight non-sticky, perfectly pampering formula glides onto your lips for a perfect mirror-finish pout. Ultimate glossy glamor.
The formula also boasts incredible light refraction and high color retention. Itâ€™s the ultimate in glossy glamor with lips up to 40% curvier.
- Price: 5.99 pounds (I don’t recall how much I paid for these here)
- Quantity:Â 6ml
My experience with Rimmel Vinyl Stars Gloss in Lick My Lips:
- Packaging: This gloss comes in a round tube with a doe foot applicator. These tubes are sturdy and travel friendly as well. The bad part is that the packaging is kinda cheap. For starters, the silver lettering fades very quickly. One of my glosses doesn’t even have any writing left on it. Another negative point is that the shade name isn’t written on the tube anywhere. The only way to identify the shade is the label. If the label is removed, you will never know the shade you’re using.
- Color: This shade is a lovely plum pink shade with tiny blue and pink shimmers. The shimmers are not OTT and are extremely tiny and hardly noticeable when worn on the lips.
- Texture: The gloss is very thin and light and as expected 0% sticky in texture. 🙂 Yeyyyy!! It doesn’t settle into the lips either butÂ then again its not creamy hence no chance of that happening.
- Pigmentation & Coverage: This lipgloss is extremely glossy. I know, I know glosses are meant to be glossy but the shine factor in this one is amazing. The tiny shimmers are hardly visible and yet do their job beautifully. Its a sheer gloss hence coverage is very light.
- Staying Power: The SA had mentioned that the USP of this gloss was its non-sticky texture. What she didn;t tell me was that the staying power was totally zilch. It wears off withing 45mins to an hour of application. As I’ve mentioned N number of times in the past Il ove reapplying glosses; but not every 45mins!!!!
- Availability: I haven;t seen these anywhere other than that store and even they don’t stock them regularly. In fact you would never see the same things twice 🙂 :)Â I did see these once or twice on ebay but again not regularly.
What I liked about Rimmel Vinyl Stars Gloss in Lick My Lips:Â
- Not sticky at all.
- The tiny shimmers are very fine and not OTT. These glosses can be worn to college as well.
- Didn’t give me any allergies
- Makes my lips luk pretty and pink.
What I dislike about Rimmel Vinyl Stars Gloss in Lick My Lips:Â
- Hard to find.
- PackagingÂ looks a tad bitÂ cheap.
- Staying power sucks!
- Overall – 3/5
- Pigmentation: 3.5/5
- Packaging: 2/5
- Staying Power: 1.5/5 (.5 given extra for old times sake)
- Applicator: 5/5
- Availability: 2/5
I love the shade and the texture of these glosses but hate the packaging and the staying power..So its a 50-50 for me.
You might like reading these also:-
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot Okie Dokie Artichokie Review,Swatches
- Forest Essentials Velvet Silk Body Cream Review
- Himalaya Revitalizing Night Cream Reviews
- The Balm Hot Mama Blush Review & Swatches
- Lâ€™Oreal Paris Glamor Chic Travel palette Review & Swatches
- Beautiful Rose Leather Bag & Brandmile.com Shopping Experience2
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coralicious :Review, Swatches