Â There Used to be a time when I never used to wear makeup..Yes girls ..not even a foundation or a sunscreen. .this was during my school days and college(UG) days..Not only makeup ..I also never had any knowledge of films or film stars ..I thought Kajol and kajal were the same!!!!and always ended up calling Juhichawla as Chiranjeevi!! .And the first movie song I learnt to sing was â€œamma dekh dekh tera munda bigda Jaayeâ€. Â .Now I laugh at those times..I was the â€œ Tom boy â€œ in my friends gang..and I loved being that..thenâ€¦I was Into a big university for my PG and I got introduced to this new world of makeup..and wow wow wow ..what a world..I completely Love it…
As mentioned by me in my earlier posts..I mainly buy foundations and always hunt for ones with dewy finish that lasts long and would compliment my DRY SKIN.
I have never bought many primers ..I have just used two of them..one is Diana of London which is good but gave my face a matte look..and like always I had to mix Luminizers with my foundation to get that little glow. I have tried Luminizing foundations ..but somehow they seem to be too much of glitter. As of now I like the Mac Mineralize satin finish liquid foundation and the Revlon photoreadyâ€¦
The other primer is Sally Hansen Luminizing Face Primer..As the name suggests it is Luminizing which in turn means brightening for my skin. It is priced at 629 Indian rupees at coollife.com.
How I use Â Sally Hansen Luminizing Face PrimerÂ
I apply it on my cleaned and moisturized faceâ€¦before my foundation. You could also mix it with your foundation if you wish.
It gives a nice glow to my face and make my foundations(the non long lasting ones) stay for a little longer. The lotus or the Lakme foundations only manage to stay for 3 hrs on my skin..but this primer underneath increase their staying power and adds a touch of glow.
Just about a pump or two of product is enough to cover your entire face and neck ..Yes it comes with a pump..your skin feels like silk..
It minimizes the pores to certain level though not very well
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Mica, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene Glycol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Tropolone, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891).
Â What I liked about Sally Hansen Luminizing Face PrimerÂ
- It increases the staying power of your foundation
- Provides a silk like coating on your skin on which your foundation just goes on smooth
- Provides that extra glow to your skin
- Comes in a pump bottle.
- You could either mix it or apply beneath ur foundation
- Keeps you fresh and luminous for 6hrs+
What I do not like about Sally Hansen Luminizing Face PrimerÂ
- You will have to hunt for it on ebay or coollife
- Pricey for that tiny little bottle
- Some of you might find it too shimmeryâ€¦especially if you are using a sheer coverage foundation or a tinted moisturizer.but it goes on well with medium coverage ones
- Oily skinned people might not love its effect as it is not a matte finish
- The pump gets stuck most of the time and it is irritating
- Not many natural ingredients
- NO spf
- Does not minimize pores completely
Final verdict: For me this was an ok ok Â product as I always donâ€™t wear full coverage or medium coverage foundations. It makes me look like disco ball with my sheer foundations. It defiantly adds that extra glow and perfect for night out or parties but for day time it is a bit too much of shimmer.
Will I purchase it again?:Actually I am a bit confused..just like being confused at the movie theater as which arm rest is mine!!!!hmmm..
Probably will try something new
I have learned so much from my mistakes..I am thinking of making a few more!!!
Will I recommend it?:Every body is different..people with dry skin who donâ€™t mind that extra shimmer will love it.
You might like reading these also:-
- My Experiences With SnapItToday.com
- Ponds Flawless White Re-Brightening Night Treatment Review
- Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Face Mask Review
- Diana Of London Lipstick Review (Diana Surprise)
- Blush tips for beginners & Blush Tricks
- 4 Faces Glam On Cream Blush Photos & Swatches
- Smashbox Red Carpet Radiance Palette: Review, Swatches
- Christian Dior Flight Makeup Palette Review & Swatches