Iâ€™d used Saslic face wash (the yellow one containing 1% Salicylic acid) a couple of years ago and really liked the results. It made my skin glow but I did not repurchase only because I have the habit of trying out new stuff and rarely ever buy the same product twice :silly:. Since Iâ€™m currently suffering from a bout of awful acne that decided (as usual) to rear its ugly head exactly when I have functions to attend :struggle: , I gave Saslic DS face wash a try. The difference is that Salic DS contains a higher concentration on Salicyclic acidâ€¦2% to be precise.
About Saslic DS Foaming Face Wash:
Not to be used in children below 3 years (Now I really want to know which parent would actually consider using this on their 3 year oldâ€¦or even 10 year old! 😮
- Quantity:60 ml
- Price:INR 180
- Shelf life:2 years from mfg date
- Availability:Available in most medical stores.
- Manufacturer: Cipla
- Ingredients:Salicyclic Acid IP: 2% w/v. (Can you believe thatâ€™s ALL they mentioned?? :shock:)
- Gently massage Saslic DS all over wet face.
- Avoid eyes and surrounding areas
- 3.Allow it to remain for 20-30 seconds
- Rinse face thoroughly and pat dry
Packaging: It comes packaged in a purple carton and the bottle in turn is completely sealed in clear plastic. The face wash comes in a transparent, plastic, lightweight bottle with a purple-tinted label. This makes it really easy to determine how much product is left in the bottle. It has a pump dispenser with a transparent cap that fits snugly. Although the cap fits well, Iâ€™m not too sure if it would stay in place when dumped randomly in a bag. I have taken it with me while travelling but I do make sure I keep the bottle upright and in a compartment where it wonâ€™t budge.
My experience with Saslic DS Foaming face wash:
If you havenâ€™t used foaming face washes before, youâ€™ll find the experience quite a novelty. In the bottle you see clear, runny liquid and the consistency matches that of plain water. When you press the pump, you get a handful of bubbly foam. You have to massage the foam on your face but it will not lather any further. You will not feel the regular slippery feel of a soapy face wash; instead it simply feels like youâ€™re massaging a mixture of air and slimy water on your face. Ummâ€¦maybe I shouldnâ€™t have used the word slimy :-/. Donâ€™t get me wrong, itâ€™s a nice feeling actually.
One pump is more than enough for the entire face since using two pumps will ensure that you finish up the bottle in less than a month! Yup, this is not one of those long-lasting face washes. The bottle will be half empty (or half full if youâ€™re an optimist 😛 ) before you know it, and thatâ€™s sad considering the price is doubleâ€¦no waitâ€¦triple that of a regular drugstore cleanser.
What I like about Saslic DS Foaming face wash:-
- Convenient, hygienic, easy-to use packaging with pump dispenser
- Comes with an outer carton, plus the bottle is fully sealed
- Clear instructions with pictures
- Contains Salicyclic acid that helps to treat and prevent acne
- pH balanced
- Foam-based face washes are considered to be more effective for oily, acne-prone skin
- Cleanses effectively and removes all traces of grease and grime
- Rinses off easily without leaving any residue
- Controls oil for long
- Mild, pleasant fragrance
- Prevents acne to a great extent
- Did not dry out my skin
- Does not sting when applied on broken or irritated skin
- Long-term use makes skin glow
What I donâ€™t like about Saslic DS Foaming face wash:-
- Finishes up really fast
- May not suit those with dry skin
- List of ingredients is not given
Final thoughts on Saslic DS Foaming face wash:
I highly recommend this face wash to those with very oily, acne-prone skin. I wish it lasted longer especially considering the price. Since this is medicated, it is advisable to first consult your physician before use. I also make sure I donâ€™t use this more than twice a day. If I feel the need to wash my face more than twice, I use a different, milder cleanser since I donâ€™t want to risk irritating my skin.