- Price: Rs. 1950
Â Read:Â Â Best Eyelash Curler Suggestions
This is the first brush I invested in.Â I chose a brush from this brand because this is a trusted hi-end make-up brand that as a child I saw my mum using.Â It’s a Japanese product and we all know how good the Japanese are at what they do.Â Traditional ‘brush making’ is an art and in Japan this knowledge is handed down from generation to generation. It is done completely by hand and the degree of precision and detail with which the work is done, is nothing short of a superhuman feat.
The Shiseido foundation brush is a high quality brush which is going to last for a long time.Â It is a one stop brush that can be used with all formulations – liquid, cream or powder. When I bought it I had very basic brush knowledge but over the years I’ve realised that a brush needs to meet a few requirements:
- Extremely soft (test this by touching the bristles to your upper lip as it’s very sensitive)
- Excellent pick-up of all types of formulas
- Create a uniformed and natural look
- Long lasting
This brush meets all of those expectations making it very special.Â The total length of the brush is 12cms in length, the longest hair is 1.8 cms and the shortest 1.1cms itâ€™s very stylish and easy to carry around.Â It is made of a blend of artificial hair that is soft and bend easily without contorting.Â From the picture you can see the gentle tapering and angled slant of the bristles allowing for even coverage even in hard to reach areas of the face.
The density of the hair helps pick up enough productÂ each time thus giving a flawless and streakless application.Â This you can makeÂ out in the picture above. Â When used the right way my ‘cream-in-a-compact foundation‘ spreads easily and flawlessly in spite of its creamy texture.Â Do not confuse this brush with the immensely popular kabuki brush as it’s not meant for buffing.Â If one could describe the working of the brush it would be to just dab the foundation on your face like cheeks, forehead, chin and nose and then smooth the foundation along the natural contours of your face and then towards the outer areas of the face like the hairline, jawline and temples.Â Â Areas where large pores are visible like the cheeks will be greatly reduced and you can of course apply more foundation as per your coverage requirements
In this picture you can distinctly see the area onto which I have applied Shiseido’s hydro cream foundation.Â Â How beautifully flawless the application is with the brush and how well the pores are conceled.
There is a video by a Japanese make-up artist that teaches you how to use this brush to the best of it’s ability.Â This is the link –
Shiseido counters in IndiaÂ also stock the following makeup brushes :
Foundation Brush â€“ Rs. 1950
Blush Brush â€“ Rs. 2050
Powder Brush â€“ Rs. 3500
Concealer Brush â€“ Rs. 1300
Shiseido currently has 2 schemes going on at all counters, across the country.Â In Mumbai you can find the counter in Inorbit Mall, Malad.
- Â Â Â Â Â For purchases on Rs. 5000 and above you will get a trial size skin care product free.
- Â Â Â Â Â For purchases of Rs. 3000 and above you can choose an eye liner or a lip liner for free.
What I like about Shiseidoâ€™s Foundation Brush:
- Long lasting
- Flawless and easy application of foundation
- Can be used for all foundation formulas
What I donâ€™t like about Shiseido’s Foundation Brush:
Â Have you tried Shiseido’s Foundation Brush?
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch Oâ€™Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear