Hi beauties 🙂
2 days back Erica requested me if I could do a tutorial for engagement makeup, I asked her to tell me the color combination and what are the preferences of the bride-to-be. She instantly mailed me the dress of the girl, and it was turquoise blue and had some small detailing in gold, silver and pink. Also she told me that the makeup should be simple yet elegant, so here I am with the simplest makeup I could do according to the choices made.
Firstly Iâ€™m sorry for the bad pics, I donâ€™t know why the cam didnâ€™t pick blue properly, it somehow looks faded and green sort of :-/ So never mind, Erica I know youâ€™ll do justice with this makeup and your friend will look gorgeous on her engagement day 😉 :rose:
Step 1: Apply primer and blend
First of all, when you are supposed to do makeup for special occasions, always use a primer for your eyes and for your makeup as well. I started by applying some eyeshadow base and blended it upto the brow bone.
Step 2: Apply turquoise blue eye shadow
Take some turquoise blue eyeshadow on a flat eye brush, and gently pat it starting from the outer corner of the eye and bring it in till the middle of the eye. On the inner corner apply golden eyeshadow. Note:- Donâ€™t use SHIMMERY eyeshadow for occasion like this, and skip chunky makeup glitters also for this occasion, because in flash photography these might look ghastly and dandruff kind ! . You can opt for matte or pearl finish eyeshadows. Repeat the same for lower lash line, skip it if you feel you canâ€™t work with eyeshadows on lower lash line.
Step 3 : Apply pink eye shadow
Using a smudge brush I applied some hot pink close to lashes, make sure you apply a thick line and smudge it. You can use a pink eyeliner pencil for it, but better would be to avoid any creamy stuff if you have oily lids. I smudged it well and after doing so I took a pointed crease brush and took a dark navy blue e/s (you can also take black/brown e/s if youâ€™re comfortable with it) and defined the socket of eye. Taking a clean blending brush, I blended the edges to soften the lines.
Step 4: Liner your eyes with a gel liner or waterproof liquid liner, you can opt for a dramatic wing if youâ€™re at ease. Fill in your water line, and donâ€™t forget to tightline your eyes. Apply coats of mascara. Apply a highlighter to the brow bone (which I think I forgot to do 😛 ) and youâ€™re done with the look
Points to consider doing engagement eye makeup-
- Always use spf free foundations to avoid ghastly images
- Start by moisturizing your face (oily skin should opt for oil free moisturizers)
- Use minimal foundation, and make sure to buff it in properly the skin. Use extra foundation only if you feel thereâ€™s a requirement.
- Donâ€™t take concealer for granted ! Always use a concealer that suits your skin and complexion.
- Use a translucent powder if you donâ€™t want to look made-up , as it wonâ€™t change your foundation color.
- Donâ€™t forget to cover your neck, ears, and any visible part.
- Avoid chunky or glittery or shimmery eye products.
- Especially for engagement, I would always recommend not to play much with colors, but focus on defining your eyes. Therefore donâ€™t forget to define your socket area and line your eyes precisely.
- Do contouring with a light hand, and only if you know how to do and have done it before.
- Also use a blush which makes you look naturally flushed, donâ€™t try to go overboard with anything.
- Opt for a long lasting lipstick which moisturizes the lips well, and donâ€™t dry out easily. A matte lipstick would be a strict no. Also donâ€™t use lip gloss on its own, layer it on top of lipstick.
- If you have thick, lush and well groomed eyebrows then you probably donâ€™t need a eyebrow kit. But make sure thereâ€™s no residue of foundation/compact left onto the eyebrows, if there is, clean your eyebrows with a dry tissue, and comb them, use a clear mascara to put them in place. Girls who have eyebrow kits know very well how to use them 😉
Ummm.. I hope I havenâ€™t missed anything :-/ If I have, then please contribute them in your comments, as Erica needs to do this makeup on her friend whoâ€™s going to get engaged soon 😀 :yippee: which reminds me I too wanna get engaged and married soon :blush: :shy: :cute: I hope this post helps you Erica, and also other girls who are soon going to get engaged or married !! :hug-makeup: May God bless you all :-*
Products used in the engagement eye makeup –
- Nyx eyeshadow base (pearl)
- Miss Claire eyeshadow palette (blue)
- Ancient rose Blush (discontinued from avon)
- Golden eyeshadow (from 15 e/s palette)
- Mac Black Track Fluidline
- Maybelline D-A-L Mascara
- Lâ€™oreal True match concealer
Godbless ! :-*
What’s your favoruite Combination Of Â Engagement Eye Makeup?
You might like reading these also:-
- Halloween Eye Makeup Tutorial Rainbow Eyes
- Evan Rachel Wood Inspired Simple Glam Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Rihanna Inspired Sultry Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Shimmery Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon 006 Black Review+EOTD
- Pink Smokey Eye Tutorial With Step By Step Pictures
- Lakme Nine To Five Forever Silk Eyeliner Gypsy Green Review And Swatches
- Faces Magic EyeLiner(Brown)Review
- Simple Eye Makeup In Blue And Purple
- Smokey Eyes With Body Shop Baked Eye Colour (Valentineâ€™s Day Eye Makeup)
- Smokey eyes â€“ Smokey eyes tutorial in silver and blue
- Eye make up â€“ Easy party make up in pink and gold (Eyeshadow tips)