Being the wife of an expatriate living abroad, I end up eating lunch alone at least 5 days a week. Mostly, I eat leftovers – cooking extra dinner and keeping it for the next day. But that gets boring after a while, you know?! So I decided to come up with a couple of simple meals that are easy, interesting and tasty!Â Today, I made a simple salad that I ate with a piece of crusty French bread – simple and filling.
- Â For the salad
- Lettuce, chopped – 1/2 cup
- Tomato, chopped – 1 small
- Onion chopped – 1/4
- Parmesan cheese – 1.5 tsp
For the dressing of Salad
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper – a pinch
Method: Simple & Quick Fresh Vegetable Salad:-
- Â Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Add the chopped vegetables and toss to coat them with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes and serve with a slice of French bread (to mop up the delicious dressing!)
You can change up this salad to your taste – add any veggies that you like or a cheese of your choice. You can also pair it with something other than bread – a soup or pasta for example. Let me know if you try it! 🙂
Do you have any simple salad recipe to share with us ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Pasta with spinach â€“ White sauce for pasta anyone ?
- Pasta recipes â€“ Pasta with walnuts in 10 minutes
- Left over rice recipes â€“ Left over rice paratha/Chawal ka paratha with pictures
- East pasta recipe in fifteen minutes with pictures
- Fast recipes â€“ Sabudana Vada with pictures
- Instant Sesame rice recipe with picutres