Skin Lightening /Skin Whitening Home Remedies
If you ask me then there is no denial of the fact that we Indian are obsessed with being fair. Girls often go out of their way to get a fair complexion. We dailyÂ see advertisements of skin lightening creamsÂ or skin lightening productsÂ and tempt us to try these products. We all try to get our skin as fair as possible and if this would have not been the case then fair and lovely would have not been the most successful product from the past so many years and it still is a a very popular product.
It is not wrong to wish for fair skin but what is wrong is to optÂ methods/productsÂ which can bring lots of side effects to your skin rather than giving you a light skin. Being dark is not that bad,Â infactÂ being fair skinned has more chances of getting affected by Ultraviolet rays of the sun rather than darker skin.
Like many I too have used many home remedies for having fairer skin and have followed many beauty tips for fairness. One can never be really really fair. For instance if you remember Kajol, she was really dark when she entered into the industry but now her complexion is quiet fair. But Kajol can never be as fair as Kareena. So my point is one can lighten their complexion to some extent but one can not become totally white or have drastic change in complexion.
If you use skin lightening face washes, skin lightening facial gels, creams or packs, they are helpful in lightening your skin but just few shades and moreover the effect too is temporary. The products that claim to make you five shades fairer have heavy chemical content and can do more of damage to your skin then any good, please do check their ingredients list.
Some Of The Skin Whitening Tips That You Can Follow Are:-
1. Sunsreen- You can stop your skin from further darkening and tanningÂ by using sunscreen all the time. Do not ignore sunscreen while swimming too and as you all must be knowing by now that one needs to re apply the sunscreen after every 1 hour Â if you are going out under the sun. If you are using better formulas of sunscreen then you can reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours.
2. Stay Hydrated- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. It helps in clearing out the skin and also make syour skin healthy.
3. DIYs- Try out some easy DIYs with easily available ingredients for fairer skin. These are way better than those harsh chemical laden products.
There are some ingredients which are helpful in making one skin little lighter then what it is. These ingredients also helps in getting rid of uneven skin tone. Below are some packs which can make you 2-3 shades lighter.
Â Â Orange peels for fair skin -I store them for a year
1. Orange peel for fair skin– Dry some orange peels in the sun and when they are fully dried, grind them to make a powder of the peels. Take 1 tbsp of orange peel and add raw milk (kachha dood) in it. Apply this pack every day on your skin, allow it to dry and wash it off with lukewarm water. You will start notiicngÂ some difference with in 20-25 days.
Â Â Â Sandalwood powder for face packs
2.Â Sandalwood powder face pack- Â Sandalwood has been used by many of us. I still remember my grand mom asking me to use sandalwood/chandan in my face packs to get fair skin. To make this pack take sandalwood powder and add lemon juice, tomato juice, cucumber juice toÂ make a thick paste. Apply this pack on your skin and leave for 15 minutes. Wash it off with water. This face packs has lemon and tomato juice which acts as bleaching agents toÂ lighten the skin andÂ even out skin tone.
3.Â Gram Flour/ Besan face pack-
GramflourÂ has skin whitening ingredients. To make a gram flour face pack take 2tbsp of gram flour and add pinch of turmeric powder in it. Add few lemon drops and little raw milk. Make a paste of it and apply it on the skin. Scrub itÂ when it is little dried and wash off. You can use this pack on your body too. This is one of most popular body whitening face pack
4.Â Potato juice for blemish free/spotless and fair skin– Potatoes have bleaching properties and it gives an even skin tone. You can use this in your face packs every day toÂ make your skin fair .
5.Â Tomato juice-Â Tomatoes too have bleaching properties which makes skin complexion lighter. Use it in any of your DIY face pack regularly.
6. Almonds- Soak few almonds in a cup of water whole night. In the morning peel the almonds and make a paste of it. Add few drops of honey and apply it on your face. The pack not only makes skin fair but also brings a beautiful glow on your face.
These were some great and effective face packs which you can try to have fairer and even toned skin. Which among these have you tried.
You might like reading these also