Few days ago I did aÂ shimmery smokey eye makeup with Sleek Caribbean eyeshadow palette.Since than I have been testing this palette and imagining myself on Caribbean island :makeup: .If one can not go there then at least can feel CaribbeanÂ with the eyeshadow palette 😉
Sleek caribbean (curacao) is a limited editionÂ eyeshadow palette which is ofÂ $10.50Â and I still can see it on Sleek website.
How Sleek describe Sleek Caribben curacao
Embrace the exotic colours of paradise with the 12 shades of the Curacao i-Divine. From deep sea blueâ€™s to zesty oranges and vivid coralâ€™s, create endless striking looks using contrasting shades or make an entrance with an effortless sweep of colour.Â For the ultimate exotic look, team with Aruba blush and Bonaire Pout Polish.
This eyeshadow palette has six shimmery eye shadows and six mattes.Shimmer eye shadowsÂ does have lot of fall but all the colours are quite pigmented.Blending them is easy and they are very smooth in texture.
- PackagingÂ – Eyeshadow comes in a beautiful sleek black palette case with a sponge applicator.These palettes are perfect for woman who are always travelling and worried about storing their eye shadows.It has an inbuilt mirror too and is size of the black palette.
- Staying power – Some of the dark shades as amazing staying power of 9-10 hours easily even without a primer where as matte shades has average staying power of 4-5 hours with a primer.There isÂ bit of creasing with shimmery shades
Â Swatches of Sleek Carribean Collection Curacao Palette
- Tequila Sunrise- Bright orange shimmery shade with metallic finish and high pigmentation.
- Martini – This is a highlighter which has subtle pearly finish.It will go well with most skin tone.
- Blue Hawaiian– A very light blue shade which lacks pigmentation .
- Bloody Mary– Red with nice pigmentation and is not very bright too.
- Screw driver – Bright lemon yellow.Very carribean 🙂
- Green Iguana – This is a beautiful green which is matte.very pigmented and long staying.It has blue undertones.
(L to R)
- Apres Midori – This green is matte andÂ has yellow undertones and is indeed very beautiful.
- Blue Lagoon –Â A bright blue I use it in one my eye makeup tutorial here.Shade is pretty buildable.
- Purple Haze – Its a matte purple shade (Highly pigmented)
- Green Martini–Â Greenish black shade with shimmer but has quite a bit of fall
- Singapore Sling – Fuchsia shade
- Espresso Martini – Highly pigmented matte black.
Will I recommend it to others – If you are fond of bright shades then this eyeshadow palette won’t dissapoint you.With its price and quality they wont be a bad buy indeed.You can also check out Aruba blush and pout paint which were released with this collection.
Wise She Rating
- Quanity – 4/5
- Pigmentation -4/5
- Price – 4/5
- Availability – 2/5 (In India it can only be ordered online from sleek website.They charge around $13 of packaging charges as well.)
Product sent by company for consideration but it has not affected my review.