I bought two variant of sleek lip liner to try out. One was the twist up liner and other one is these Â lip pencils. After being super impressed with the twist up lip liner, I had highÂ expectations with these lip pencils as well but these are really sad lip liners. I even wonder why Sleek have them in their store. I won’t stretch the review and come straight to the point why the bare essential lip liner is such a bummer.
About Sleek Â Makeup Lip Pencils:-
Ultra-creamy matte formula pencils for long-lasting lip liner that complements your lipsâ€™ natural tone.
- Price -Â $2.49
- Packaging – It’s a usual lip pencil with the similar lead colour packaging and it sharpens well.
I must say that Bare essential is such a pretty neutral shade and covers pigmentation giving you beautiful matte lips.Problem lies in the texture.It’s extremely dry.I got these in winters and when tested them out I thought it might work in summer but it’s still dry .I use a lip balm underneath to make it work because I just love this particular shade.
If I don’t use a bit of lip balm it actually hurts my lip. I know ! It is this sad.
As far as pigmentation is concerned it is quite average. It would have actually been good if the texture was a bit creamy. I need to swipe the pencil 3-4 times to get this decent pigmentation .
Staying power is quite average. After 2-3 hours the lip shade starts wearing out due to dryness.
What I like about Sleek Makeup Lip Pnecil Bare Essential :-
- It’s reasonably priced even if I add shipping charges in it.
- There are quite many shades to choose Â from.
- Covers pigmentation
What I do not like about Sleek Makeup Lip Pencil Bare Essnetial :-
- Texture is just too dry
- Doesn’t glide smoothly
- Starts wearing out after few hours
Will I recommend it to others – Definitely not! You should opt for twist up liner instead Â which I am wearing in below FOTD. Check out the review hereÂ
Have you tried Sleek Makeup Lip Pencil Bare Essential?
You might like reading these also:-
- Maybelline ClearGlow BB Stick Shade 04 Fawn Review and Swatches
- My Weight Loss After Pregnancy +PCOS
- Aloe Veda Brahmi Hair and Scalp Vitaliser Review
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Rendezvous Review & Swatches
- MAC ProSculpting Cream in Naturally Defined: Review, Swatches
- My Experience At Berjaya Langkawi
- Shishedo Perfect UV Protector Review & Swatch
- MUA Liquid Eyeliner Shade 4 Review, Swatches & EOTD