Well, i guess by now all of you must have a good idea of how much i shop from Ebay so this won’t come as much of a surprise….I got this off Ebay as well…hehe! This was an impulse buy and th eminute i saw 5 blushes in a single palette I couldn’t control myself and jumped at it! :))
What Smashbox Â Product Claim:
- Red carpet glam. Two shimmering blushes, two matte blushes, and one Fusion Soft Lights for cheeks create this all-in-one palette that’s sure to get you noticed.
- Red Carpet Radiance Palette in VIP, with 0.19-oz Soft Lights in Shimmering Quartz, a creamy pink with high pearl; and blush in Matte Flush, a golden beige; Shimmering Flush, a pink with warm shimmer; Matte Raspberry, a matte cool pink; and Shimmering Raspberry, a shimmering cool pink.
- Â Price:Â $40 approx. However I got the unboxed palette for 900 INR.
My take on the Smashbox Red Carpet Radiance Palette:
- Packaging:This palette is rectangular shaped and is slim and very compact. It slides easily into my purse as well. I wouldn’t suggest anyone carry this during travel since the powders r quite soft and stand a chance of breaking with ease. The palette also has a mirror which is very convenient for touch ups.
- Color, Pigmentation & Texture:I went all crazy when I saw the shades since I’d wanted all these shade and fantabulously so I got them all in a single palette! Lets have a closer look at the colors:
- Shimmering Flush:Â The first shade is a shimmer finish beige shade with hints of coral. This one is the least pigmented of all 5 shades However, I don’t mind this since I’m very wary of such shimmery blushes and use a tiny bit only.
- Matte Flush:Â The 2ndÂ shade is a true coral shade with a matte finish. Its so heavily pigmented that if you’re not careful, you could end up looking like an Orange! The first time I used this, I went a bit overboard and Hubby started laughing uncontrollably and made me stand in front of a mirror with better lighting to see my ‘Karamaat!’ Harumph!! Needless to say he had to make up for HIS faux pas (despite the fact that he saved me from going out like that in public) by taking me shopping :)) :)) So, since then I’ve used this with a light hand and prefer using a fan brush for this.
- Shimmering Raspberry:Â This is a light berry pink with a frosty finish. I don’t use this shade much because of it shimmer ofcourse and also since it has mild blue undertones which makes me look paler than usual. It is decently pigmented and would look pretty on a lot of skin tones.
- Matte Raspberry:Â This has to be my most favorite of all 5 shades. Its a deep raspberry shade and is the most pigmented of the lot. It’s completely matte with a velvet finish. This is the best and the most dangerous of all 5 shades since it takes no effort at all to look like a clown with this shade…Again, I prefer using a fan brush to apply this.
- Shimmering Quartz:Â This is the highlighter and I have to say one of the best ones I’ve come across…It has just the right amount of shimmer and is velvet soft in texture. I just sweep a tiny bit from above the apples of my cheeks to the temples and I’m done. It lends a beautiful glow which is appreciable to say the least.
- Staying Power:Â The highlighter (Shade 5) stays on my cheeks for about 3hrs before fading completely. The matte blushes (Shades 2 and 4) stay the longest for about 7-8hrs which is commendable and the shimmery shades (Shades 1 and 3) remain for a max of 5hrs after which they fade steadily.
- Price:Â I find this palette outrageously pricey and would never ever buy it at its original price. If bought abroad, this comes with a blush brush as well but it hasn’t been rated very highly and some have complained of the neck of the brush being loose and fragile. So while hunting for this I ensured I was not getting the brush with this which further pulled down the price. Additionally, I would not pay the original price for this because all the shades are not worth it. I’d alternatively suggest that if you like any of the shades, then the single blushes are also available by their name as mentioned. So you need not buy all 5 shades and can pick the one you like best.
Pros of Smashbox Red Carpet Radiance Palette:
- The temptation of getting so many finishes of such gorgeous shades is too much to resist.
- Comes with a mirror
- The texture of the powders is soft and velvety.
- It’s very compact and slim and easy to slip into my purse.
- Good staying power.
- Get a plethora of shades, from pinks, raspberries, corals to a highlighter.
Cons of Smashbox Red Carpet Radiance Palette:
- Availability is a huge problem. This brand is not available in India
- Wish it came with a brush
- Its extremely pricey although it can be bought for less if you’re ready to buy it unboxed.
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Availability: 2.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3.5/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Faces Nail Paint Copper & Gold 504 :Photos & Swatches
- Lotus Pure Color Lipstick Pink Blush: Review, Swatch
- Christian Dior Flight Makeup Palette Review & Swatches
- Kryolan Product Suggestions
- Inglot AMC Face Blush 58 Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Revlon Luxurious Color Kohl eyeliner in Pure White Review & Swatches
- How To Find A Foundation That Matches Skin Tone