Marriage is a long journey with your spouse and if you do not know how to add spice to your marriage, it could get stale. A boring marriage can lead to a lot of conflicts and misunderstanding. Hence, keeping that spark alive is crucial if you hope to have a long lasting, deeply connected relationship with your spouse.
From the time you were dating until the first few years of your married life, everything seems so zestful and basically a bed of roses. However, as time goes by, when you begin to face the real world once again, there are so many factors that would affect your once fantasy-like marriage such as work, kids, time, in-laws, and the list goes on. Because of this, your marriage starts to lose the fire that you once had.
If you don’t feel as connected to your partner as you once did, you need to talk it out because ignoring it will only widen the emotional gap. Every marriage needs help now and
then, both during the good times and when things become difficult. If you want to reclaim the love and devotion you two once felt for one another, it’s actually much easier than you may think. It.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s just a matter of making a start. Here is what you can do:
1. Pay attention to your looks. People tend to pay lot of attention towards their appearance at work but at home they do not mind about their appearance. Make an effort to always look good anywhere and anytime. It will also make you feel better if you look good.
2. Share jokes and laugh together
3. Plan a romantic date at regular intervals so that you can spend some quality time with your partner. A dinner, movie or go out dancing will add more happy memories and will bring the two of you closer.
4. Support your spouse, in good as well as bad times. When a person is down, he/she would be enlightened and emboldened when his/her spouse shows support.
5. Visit your old favorite haunts. It will reenergize your marriage and breathe new life back into your relation.
6. Communication is very essential in any relation but people tend to ignore it. Find sometime everyday to listen and learn from each other. Do not let small problems evolve into bigger ones. Maintain an open line for communication.
7. Doing things together like grocery shopping, cleaning the house, cooking food.The key is to get into the habit of spending time together, even if itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s just over folding laundry.
8. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t hesitate to appreciate your partner for something that he did.
9. Do not neglect your sex life.
10. Cook your better halves favourite dish and make him feel special.
11. In your free time, indulge in playing games like scrabble, chess etc. The idea is to spend some quality time together.
Do something and add some spice and spark to your married life before it gets too late.
You might like reading these also