Sunday morning were always special in our house because of the yummy breakfast my mother use to make Â .We use to Â relish the food while watching Chandrakanta, Duck tales etc etc.ahh! those were the days except the homework everything use to be great about Sunday 😀
While speaking to my mom I made this spicy chilli paneer sandwich which is a Tarla dalal Â recipe and I have changed Â it a bit or I should say a lot.
It’s simple and doesn’t require much of ingredients only things is you should be impartial towards calories :p
- 8 slice Â sandwich breads (I use brown bread you can use any of your choice)
- Cheese cubes(I use Amul cheese slice)
- 250 gm of chopped Paneer(Cottage cheese/Indian cheese)
- Half capsicum chopped(If you have different colour capsicum such as yellow, red then go ahead and make your sandwich look super exciting )
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste(I use the homemade fresh one)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1/4tsp fresh black pepper powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera powder)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- dash if cinnamon powder
- a pinch of clove (laung) powder(I used 3 cloves)
Method And Preperation :-
Step1 – In a pan add 1 tbsp of oil /ghee and when hot add chopped onion and saute it till it gets little brown.
Step2 – Add ginger and garlic paste and mix properly.Add pepper, chilli, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
Step3– Add tomatoÂ ketchup with bit of salt(Remember tomato ketchup has salt also in it so add the salt accordingly)
Step4 – Next throw in all chopped vegetables and powder mention above( Capsicum, cumin seeds powder, cardamon powder , clove powder ).Mix all the ingredients and saute it well.These powder bring special flavour and aroma to the paneer)
Step5 – Add a slice of cheese and stir it again to get all the cheese mixed Â into the ingredients and switch off the flame.
Now lets make the Â sandwich
Take a slice of bread and spread the chilli paneer evenly and place another slice of bread on top.If you want to be in heaven then place a cheese slice over the chilli paneer Â before you place another slice of bread.
Grill toast the sandwich the way you like it .Crisp or soft 🙂
You might like reading these also:-
- Pasta with spinach – White sauce for pasta anyone ?
- Left over rice recipes – Left over rice paratha/Chawal ka paratha with pictures
- Cabbage recipe -15 minutes Gobi Channa dal /Cabbage with bengal gram
- Spicy Mushrooms in fifteen minutes with pictures
- Potato recipes-Crispy potatoes in hot and sweet sauce with pictures
- Aalo matar pulao/Potato and peas rice with Ganesh Chaturthi puja and more
- Best five quick healthy snack recipes