Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Gold
I had bought this late last year for my wedding and after that it sat idle in my vanity for many months…Then in one of Dr. Neeraj’s looks, he mentioned the Stila’s Illuminating powders were also good and that’s when I realised I had a gud product all this while which was being ignored. So I went home, dug this out and have started using it once more 🙂
To be very honest, when I used it last year, I wasn’t too knowledgeable about using such powders but thanks to Wiseshe I’ve learnt a lot and thanks to Dr. Neeraj, I have started using this the right way instead of making my face look like a chandelier!
Warm the complexion and create a fresh, modern appearance with Illuminating Finishing Powder. Each shade is hand milled and baked to create a velvety, lightweight texture. Super sheer pigments brighten and revive the skin while discreet shimmer particles help diminish the appearance of imperfections while creating a beautiful glow. Apply alone, or over foundation, to cheeks, forehead and chin to achieve desired finish.
Unique hand-milled baked powder provides a beautiful silky smooth application to warm and illuminate the complexion.
Wear alone or over foundation; Apply to cheeks, forehead and chin for a warm illuminating Glow!
Use to highlight or set your makeup – Recommended for all skin types.
- Price:Â $32 approx.
- Quantity:Â 9g
My take on the Stila Illuminating powederÂ
- Packaging: This finishing powder comes is a circular pan form and is dome-shaped. It doesn’t come with a mirror or an applicator and has a transparent lid. What I don’t quite like about this is how flimsy it seems to be. This is due to 2 reasons:The product pan and the base packaging is only held together with a tiny bit of glue which dries up soon as a result of which you have the pan moving around after a while and if you hold it upside down the pan will just pop out into your hand. Hence, first thing is to glue it back in or else you have a very very flimsy product on your hand.The lid is also extremely flimsy. It isn’t a screw top lid and is a simply the kind which you pop off and has a bit of resistance. What worries me is that once that resistant bit gets smoother the lid will just simply pop off. Hence, this is not the kinda product you can pop into your purse. You’d have a carry it in a pouch.
- Color: This shade is described as a soft, peachy-pink shade with silver shimmer. And that’s exactly what it is. I love the peachy tint since I’m not much of a gold lover.
- Pigmentation & Texture: The shimmer does dominate but then that’s normal for a illuminator. What I love best about this is that even though the shimmer is the dominant thing, it is not over bearing. I’ve used illuminators which either made me look like a disco ball and those which were too light and didn’t do much, other that give a dewy look. The texture seems a bit tough when u touch the surface of the pan but its really not so. It is easily picked up by the brush and transfers and spreads easily on the skin as well.
- Staying Power: The powder stays on for a long time; about 5-6hrs which is much more than I have ever experienced with other illuminators.
- Application: I use a powder brush to apply this. After my routine of Moisturizer-TM. Foundation-Concealor, I use this. This illuminating powder gives a lovely glow to the face. Although it does take practice to learn exactly how much is sufficient. Once you get the hang of it there’s nothing like it. This is perfect for those who want that glow on the face without looking oily. Its great for occasions, get togethers’ and any party you go to.One can also use this as a brow or a cheekÂ highlighter by adjusting the quantity used. It works beautifully this way too 🙂
- Cost & Availability: This range of Finishing powders are quite pricey and I’d suggest getting them on discount. On ebay they are also available unboxed for less. I’d recommend going for this after checking out the seller rating to ensure you don’t get a fake. I’ve spotted some fakes which mention that the product is made in China, whereas this product is made in Italy. So please be on your guard while purchasing products.Â Also, these are available on other sites, strawberrynet being the most popular one..
What I like about Stile Illuminating Finishing Powder
- Texture is smooth and brush picks up the right amount for a single use.
- They have 3 shades which would suit all: a gold based, this peach one and a bronze one.
- Quantity is humongous!
- Makes the face all glowy without being oily.
- Decent staying power 🙂
- Great for an evening out. IT adds a touch of class to your look.
- Zilch fallout which is a big bonus 🙂
What I do not like about Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder
- Availability is a huge problem. This brand is not available in India
- Packaging is crappy.
- Its pretty pricey although it can be bought for less if you’re ready to buy it unboxed.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 2.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 2.5/5
Which illuminators do you use?
You might like reading these also:-
- Bobbi Brown Blush Sand Pink:Review,SwatchesÂ
- Faces Metaliglow 03, 01, 02 Photos & Swatches
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)
- 15 Color Camouflage Concealer MakeUp Pro Palette Kit Review
- Blog Sale
- Blog Sale Sneak Peak
- Estee Lauder Introduces Cyber White Brilliant Cells