Hey all beauty geeks!!! Today I am going to review Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Palette. I have started collecting face and eye shadow palettes, once I realized how handy and convenient they are. But as far as the cheek palettes are concerned it is little difficult to find blush, bronzer and highlighter in one. So when I discovered Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Palette had my dream combination of blushes, a bronzer and a highlighter, I ordered one instantly. Read further to know how the palette fared on me. 🙂
About Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Cheek Palette:
Stila had launched this cheek palette as a part of the last year’s holiday collection. The website describes the palette as:
‘Make spirits bright this holiday season with this adorable must-have paper-wrapped cheek palette featuring a vintage Stila girl adorned on the cover.
The Portrait of a Perfect Blush cheek palette contains 5 gorgeous powdery shades:
- pretty pink
- precious pink
- rosÃ© ‘
Price : $16.00.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).
My take on Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Cheek Palette:
For me, blushes are the part of the makeup that get the whole look together. So, needless to say, I do not use just one shade of pink or peach with every pink or peach lipstick, respectively. I love having as much variety in blushes as in lipsticks. So, I was thrilled to discover the various pretty shades in this palette.
Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Palette has five shades of blushes. Or to be more precise – one bronzer, one highlighter and three blushes:
- Golden: A medium brown color with minimal shimmer. Can be used both as a bronzer or a blush depending on the skin tone.
- Illume: A pinky-brown shade with fine shimmer. Perfect as a highlighter for medium skin tones.
- Pretty Pink: A beautiful coral matte blush with pink undertones. My favorite shade of the lot.
- Precious Pink: A light pink matte blush which will suit all skin tones. The perfect blush for a natural look.
- Rose: A shimmery rosy plum shade. Perfect for fall and winters. The only blush that has shimmers.
Texture: The blushes are smooth and not at all powdery. They blend beautifully on the cheeks and do not appear like a blotch on the face.
Pigmentation: All the shades have gorgeous pigmentation. Nothing too overboard to make you look like a clown, or too pale to show up. Perfect pigmentation for blushes.
Staying Power: Stays for more than 6-7 hours on my combination but well-primed skin.
Packaging: The packaging was the one that attracted me to the palette. It is definitely one of the sleekest and compact packaging I have ever seen. The packaging is made of cardboard type material. The sizes of the blushes can be compared to the size of an eye shadow.
What I like about Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Cheek Palette:
- Beautiful combination of shades.
- Includes a bronzer and a highlighter.
- Shimmers are not very prominent.
- Will suit all skin tones.
- Has shades for every occasion.
- Wonderful pigmentation.
- Not at all powdery with minimal fallout.
- Smooth to apply.
- Blends beautifully.
- Impressive staying power.
- Travel friendly.
- Cute packaging.
What I do not like about Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Cheek Palette:
- Difficult to use a bigger brush for the application because of small sizes of the blushes.
- No mirror or applicator provided.
- Limited availability.
Final Impression: The best thing about this palette is the affordable price point and the assortment of five, beautiful shades. I love that it just does not have only blushes, but also a bronzer and a highlighter. I am in love with this palette because of the versatility and the compact style. Highly recommended to all the blush fans!!!
Have you tried Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Cheek Palette?
You might like to read:-