Ever since I started using gel liners early last year, I have been on a rampage to get every possible shade available. I picked this one along with the Laura Mercier & Bobbi Brown Lippies from Strawberrynet. I wanted a nice sparkly purple and I’m happy this turned out to be good :).
About Stila Smudge Pot Gel Eyeliner :-
The verdict is in, and smudge pots take the prize for sexy eyes! This unique gel eyeliner and shadow is an innovative alternative to traditional powder and liquid formulas. This clever little gel has an inky intensity that leaves powder shadows in the dust. A favorite for the sultry, smoky eye. Apply with a liner brush for razor-sharp precision or smudge it with your fingers for more complete coverage. Remember to always close the airtight lid to keep the gel soft and pliable.
Directions:Â Enhance your natural eye color by applying with eyeliner brush. Begin at the lash line and keep close to the root of the lash. After lining your eye, smudge color softly over your eye lids for a sexy shadow look.
- Ingredients:All shades contain:Ingredients: Isododecane, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Propylene Carbonate, Barium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007)]
- Price:Â Â 1026INR on strawberrynet but got it on discount.
- Quantity: Â Â 4gms
My take on Stila Smudge Pot in Ultraviolet:
- Packaging: Â This comes in a thick, hard bottomed glass tub with a metallicÂ screw top lid. The brand is emblazoned on the top of the pot and shade name and other details are on the bottom. It doesn’t come with a brush which I don’t mind. The packaging is very sturdy and easy to travel with.
- Color:Â I can describe this shade as an deep orchid shade. It has has very tiny pink and silver shimmers. The pink shimmer is very minute and is not visible in the picture but when applied its very much visible.
- Pigmentation & Texture:Â This is a very intense pigmented liner and is quite creamy. I’ve had it for about 6mts now and it hasn’t dried unlike inglot and B&D which started drying withing 3mts :(Â It has a matte finish which I prefer for office wear since the shimmers also don’t look blingy and just add the right bit of shine. It also doesn’t flake or feather like a lot of liners out there. Infact, the creamy texture is also perfect to be used as an eye shadow or as a base. It dries quick and doesn’t let the color layered on top budge even a bit 🙂 Additionally, these are really smudge proof as the name suggests…its hard to get this off andÂ I always need a dual phase remover to wipe this off.
- Staying Power:Â This liner stays put for about 6hrs after which I personally feel it looks a bit full. I suppose this is natural since the intensity of the color decreases, but it doesn’t seem to happen with other liners…Have any of you noticed this with other liners?
Why I love Stila Smudge Pot in Ultraviolet:Â –
- Very creamy and easy to apply.
- The tiny shimmers are not chunky and don’t look OTT at all..Infact this can even be worn to work.
- It’s very versatile since it can be used also as an eye shadow or a base for eye makeup.
- Staying power is quite good.
- Color payoff id amazing.
- Matte finish which I do like.
- Packaging is sturdy enough for travel.
- Waterline safe.
- Doesn’t flake or feather.
- 4gms is a lot of product!
- It sticks to its claim of being smudge proof 🙂
Why I don’t like Stila Smudge Pot in Ultraviolet
- I feel like the color gets a bit dull after 6hrs of wear.
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
You may also enjoy reading:
- Bobbi Brown Blush Sand Pink:Review,SwatchesÂ
- Faces Metaliglow 03, 01, 02 Photos & Swatches
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)
- 15 Color Camouflage Concealer MakeUp Pro Palette Kit Review
- Blog Sale
- Blog Sale Sneak Peak
- Estee Lauder Introduces Cyber White Brilliant Cells
- Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Gold:Review,Swatches