The first product I ever got from TheBalm was the Hot Mama blush/highlighter reviewed here. I was so enamored with it I tell you. Their packaging is so retro funky and attention grabbing ..not to mention risque. It would appeal to all of us and to boot, thay come out with such multi-purpose colors. Eyeshadows which can be used as liners, blushes which can be used as eyeshadows..the list is endless!
Hot Mama was just the beginning and after that I picked up the Bahama Mama Bronzer reviewed here and this blush in Cabana Boy. I admit, one of the main reasons I picked this up was a memory from my honeymoon in Kerala. We were staying in this resort where there were we had a cabana to ourselves and eveything like the massage parlor, resto-bar, etc were also housed in cabana’s. So the first day while we were wandering down the path trying to find the buffet we caught hold of the housekeeping lady for direction and I still remember her words, ‘Not worry, I call Cabana Boy to take you.’ And mind you, the ‘Boy’ was pronounced ‘Buuaayyyy!’ Haha!!! I remember trying to swallow my laugh because well, she was just trying to be helpful… 😉 But yea, the term ‘Cabana Buuuaaaayy’ stuck in my head and when Isaw the name online..that too on a blush, I knew I had to pick it up.
About TheBalm Cabana Boy Blush: –
Shadow/Blush Nothing is more satisfying than being indulged. This pink dusty rose rouge will ensure that you have all the boys attending to you. The subtle shimmer catches the eye while the warm undertones provide glow that is oh-so-natural regardless if you are pool-side, beach-side or bed-side. Talc & Paraben-free and no strings attached, this shadow/blush is the perfect companion.
- Price: Â $21 (available on Strawberrynet)
- Quantity: 8.5gms
My take on The Balm Cabana Boy Blush: –
- Packaging: Like all TheBalm blushes, this one also comes in a cardboard form which opens like a book. The claps is magnetic and fall proof…Yes, I’ve tested it…Ok, not quite tested, but everything falls from my hands 🙂
- Color: The blush is a dusty rose color with a hint of berry and no visible shimmer. It also has a pearly finish which I like. Its not a particularly warm or cool shade so this would suit all skin tones easily.
- Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is highly pigmented and easy to blend. It does have a bit of fallout but not something to fret-over. It can be built us for a heavier look if needed. I usually have to dip in twice with my brush to get the right amount of pink on my cheeks.
- Staying Power: This lasts about 5-6hrs easily on my cheeks and then starts fading. But even as it fades, it leaves a lovely pink tint behind which is gorgeous in itself.
- Application: I use a rounded fluffy blush brush to apply this in a ‘C’ shape from my temples to my cheeks. It blends out easily and I don’t have to worry about harsh lines and such. The rosey pink shade is precisely what I love on my cheeks and suits every season or clothing you choose to wear.
Pros of TheBalm Cabana Boy Blush:Â –
- Such a dusty rose shade is very hard to find. I have not been able to pinpoint a dupe for this. No blush I know of even comes close.
- Sturdy & attractive packaging
- Easy to blend.
- One of the shades which even beginners would find a pleasure to use.
- Can be built up
- Has a pearly finish which I love since it looks sober enough for work and jazzy enough for a night on the town
- Talc Free
- Paraben Free
Cons of TheBalm Cabana Boy Blush:-
- Not too easily available
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
Have you tried The Balm Cabana Boy Blush?
You may also like reading:
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coralicious :Review, Swatches
- LA Girl CrÃ¨me Lipstick Secret Admirer Review & Swatches
- Ambika Pillai Toast Lipgloss Review &Swatches
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Mat4 Matte Antique Pink Lipstick Review & FOTD
- MAC Stay in Touch Cremesheen Lipstick :Swatch,Review & FOTD
- Makeup Suggestion For Karwa Chaut
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)
- Flower Inspired Makeup Look
- Seductive Eye Makeup With The Balm Shady lady palette
- The Balm Hot Mama Blush Review & Swatches