By Shalini Jhall
I have to confess my love for organic skincare. This is such fancy stuff and the amazing feeling of a rich cream permeating your skin. In short, I am a regular customer of such fancy products. One of the things, I recently bought from The Body Shop was the Africa Honey & Beeswax Hands and Foot Butter. As per the company this cream is inspired by African tribal spa rituals.
It comes in a traditional lock tight jar which adds to the rich appeal of the product. The sales person explained to me how the product is non sticky and easily absorbed by the skin. It has a rich and buttery texture and nice soft fragrance. The jar goes a long way as each application requires only a little amount of the product. I am sure my jar will last a good 2 years.
I have used it more on my feet than hands. My feet have these extremely dry patches along the ankles that will not go away even with maximum scrubbing and intense moisturizing. So at times before going to bed, I wash my feet in warm water, scrub with a pumice stone and apply this cream all over. It has a good moisturizing effect without making the skin greasy. It can also be used on the elbows and knees. Lately I have been using it on my hands before going to bed and my hands feel super soft.
I used it on my motherâ€™s dry and itchy feet in the harsh Delhi winters and she found relief after using this product. The redness of her feet also diminished after using this product. So if your hands and feet are in distress and youâ€™d want a hassle-free, long lasting and rich butter then do try this out.
What I like about The Body Shop Africa Honey & Beeswax Hands and Foot Butter:
- Smooth, lightweight moisturizer
- Great smelling product
- Non-greasy texture
What I do not like about The Body Shop Africa Honey & Beeswax Hands and Foot Butter:
- At a high price of Rs. 1,450, other brands offer similar products at a reasonable pricing
- Heavy jar which is slightly inconvenient to carry in your handbag
- Not the best product available in the market, I believe Burtâ€™s Bees deeply moisturizes which I found missing in this product
I will give this a rating of 3/5. I would like to try other brands like Forest Essentials, Burtâ€™s Bees, Soap & Glory and will not buy this again.
Have you tried The Body Shop Africa Honey & Beeswax Hands and Foot Butter?
You might also like reading these:-
- Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo Review
- Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub Review
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturising Lip Color Balm Heftiest Hibiscus Review & Swatches
- 10 Best Matte Lipsticks
- Schwarzkopf Osis+ Dust It Hair Mattifying Powder Review
- Jason Soothing 98% Aloe Vera Pure Natural Moisturizing Gel Review