Itâ€™s been a really long time since I reviewed any product! I have loads of pictures in my repository and I hope I can them reviewed soon.
Iâ€™m going to review the first ever BB cream I used. Itâ€™s the all-in-one BB cream by body shop.
About Body Shop All In One BB Cream:-
Our new All-In-One BB cream transforms from a white cream to suit your skin tone. Pigment-filled capsules burst when applied to the skin, releasing the color inside. Just blend for a perfect match and an even, undetectable finish. Its make-up and skincare in one.
Adapts to your skin tone
Light to medium coverage
- Ingredients :Vitamin E, community fair trade Marula oil from Namibia. That is all mentioned.
- Packaging :It comes in a tube with a screw cap. It is light weight and travel friendly.
- Price : 1395 or 25ml .You can buy it from hereÂ
- The coolest thing about it is that it looks white when it comes out of the tube and when massaged on the skin it changes its color as it contains lot of tiny pigment capsules which burst on rubbing.
My experience with The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream:-
When applied it doesnâ€™t look entirely natural but after few minutes the color adapts to the skin tone and gives a very natural look. It is quite light too doesnâ€™t feel heavy of the skin. Â It comes in 3 shades and they are numbered as 01, 02 and 03. I often go for the darker shades coz I have some pigmentation and Iâ€™d rather go for an even tone rather look ashy. So I picked up shade 03.
I liked it coverage wise but it looked orangey, red on my face.Notice in the picture how shade 3 appears more reddish and makes the skin look darker.
Coverage is light to medium it is enough to give an even finish if you donâ€™t have major skin issues. I still liked the cream and bought another one which was one shade lighter. Honestly I did not feel any of the shade was a perfect match for my skin. I had planned to mix 02 and 03 which would suit me perfectly. Initially I applied by mixing the two shades but later I started using shade 02 alone. I noticed that it does look lighter when applied but after letting it sit for a while it matched my skin tone and gave an even finish. So I would suggest if you are testing it in the stores let it sink in a bit before deciding on the right shade.
How I use The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream:-
I take a pea size amount in my hand and rub it with my fingers in order to release the color and then apply on my face and neck; I do this because if I apply it directly the cream can be a bit exfoliating on skin as it contains those pigment capsule. I let it dissolve to avoid any kind of exfoliation on my face. Â I do need a concealer after the BB Cream as I have dark circles. And finally I finish off by setting the BB cream with a powdered foundation, which gives even more coverage. Â Recently I started using translucent powder which works fine as well.
You can see how the cream slowly adapts to the skin, at the end it gives an even finish.
Overall I like it but not a fan as itâ€™s too pricey, I would prefer Lâ€™Oreal which costs a little less but contains double the quantity.
Finally the pros and cons are as follow –
What I like about The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream:-
- Light cream
- Blends well
- Even finish
- Decent coverage
What I don’t like about The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream:-
- No SPF!!!
- Too expensive for very little quantity
Thatâ€™s all girls! What is your favorite BB cream at the moment?
Have you tried The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream?
Â You might also like reading these:-
- Scholl Refreshing Foot Soak Review
- How To Use Cleansing Milk
- Loreal White Perfect Laser Essence Serum Review
- How To Effortlessly Lighten Your Skin with Meladerm
- Clarins Cleansing Milk With Alpine Normal Or Dry Skin Review
- 5 New Beauty Buys To Make Note Of
- VLCC Basil & Mulberry Insta Glow Fairness Natural Bathing Bar Review
- Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti-Aging Cream Plus Serum Duo Review
- Wella Bloggers Meet On 28th Sept