I know most of us do not have great things to say about The Body Shopâ€™s makeup. I also donâ€™t have much to rave about for this. But surprisingly, this blush is an exception. When I had bought this, I was not aware of beauty blogs and had to make the decision without any homework. But thankfully, I made the right decision.
About TBS Cheek color:
Our long-lasting, lightweight ultra-fine powder blush offers sheer natural looking colour and a super-smooth finish. With Community Trade marula oil. Available in a variety of shades and finishes to suit all skin tones and complement all looks. Dermatologically tested.
Ingredients: Marula Oil â€“ Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skinâ€™s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Vitamin E â€“ Is an antioxidant that helps to soften, condition and protect the skin.
Lanolin oil â€“ Moisturises the skin.
Marula oil comes from the marula tree, native to Southern Africa. The oil is rich in oleic acid, essential to the maintenance of healthy-looking skin. The Body Shop trades with the Eudafano Womens Cooperative in northern Namibia, which helps women in rural communities who have very few opportunities to earn money. The trade with our company has helped more than 750 women and their families to benefit from this traditional, yet underutilized natural resource.
My experience with TBS cheek color No.2
- Packaging: The packaging is not very cute but it is very convenient and sturdy. By sturdy, I mean really sturdy, I have dropped it a couple of times but it remained intact and I would give it Browny points for this. The lid is see through so I can identify it amongst very few I own :P. The lid closes with a click and does not open accidently. I remember, my Chambor blush broke and my purse was a mess L. But this baby travels with me a lot without any issues.
- Shade: The shade is a beautiful Raspberry Pink which perks up my look instantly. It comes sheerer in first swipe which is a good thing as it gives me freedom to control the intensity. This shade is good for providing natural flush on medium skin toned girls. It is a type of shade one can apply on dull days and it will make you look fresh and healthy. It looks like I have spent some time in Gym and my skin is naturally blushed.
- Price: 495 INR
- Staying Power: The staying power is not more than 4-5 hours L. But I like this color so much that I pick this up a lot of time.
- Texture: The texture is not very fine, I mean to say donâ€™t compare them with Elizabeth Arden or MAC blushes as it is not that costly. Donâ€™t get the idea that this Blush is not good, it is really good but I cannot claim it glides like silk! It needs to beÂ blended properly partly coz it is a bit powdery and partly the shade is bright! Donâ€™t want a patchwork on my face. It is a matte finish blush which is a plus for Oily skinned gals.
- Pigmentation: Need to swipe twice for noticeable shade but if you want just a subtle glow, single swipe would suffice too!
Why I like the TBS Cheek Color No.2:
- Beautiful shade
- Nice shade selection, everybody will get a match
- Not tested on animals
- Cute and sturdy packaging
- Matte finish
- Intensity is buildable
- Not pricey
- Contains skin friendly ingredients
Why I donâ€™t like the TBS Cheek Color No.2:
- I feel more effort in blending is required.
I would say, I am impressed by this and this is the first time I am impressed with a makeup product from TBS. I have been using this Blush since an year I guess and it is worth the price.
Will I repurchase? Yes, for the shade as it looks exactly same as the flush I get after workouts! If I find a dupe in MAC, I will buy MAC.
I would not say about recommending this, but hope the review is useful!
Have you tried this Body Shop Blush?
You may also enjoy reading:
- The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Olive Body Butter Reviews
- Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Butter Review
- Body Shop Pomegranate Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair Review
- Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter Review
- Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter Review