‘Chocolate’ Just the mere mention of the word send a thrill through me and makes my mouth water. I’m a total chocolaholic and even as I write this, I have a bar of chocolate besides meÂ so that I can stave off the hunger pains which started bothering me the moment I started THINKING about writing this review today 😉
I picked this up from TBS a day before Valentine’s when I went hunting for a gift for my husband. Just between you and me, I had ‘my stuff’ in the basket long before I even started browsing for him 😉
About The Body Shop Chocomania Body Scrub-
- Removes dead skin cells.
- Stimulates skin microcirculation.
- Leaves skin feeling softer and smoother.
- Indulgent chocolate scent.
- Ingredients:Â Pure Cocoa Butter,Â Organic Cane Sugar
- Price: INR895 for 200ml
- Packaging â€“ This comes in the TBS customary tub with a screw top lid.
- Color & Texture â€“ The scrub looks like a Choco Delight filling! Just looking at it makes me wana scoop it up and lick it all off 🙂 Being a sugar scrub, it has large sugar paricles which feel a bit rough to the touch. But when applied, this melts with the water and body heat and takes on a more watery and smooth texture.
- Fragrance â€“ I don’t want to give deep details about this because if I do I will hav to run out for another bar of chocolate 🙂 Yep, this smells that intensely of chocolate 🙂
- Usage â€“ I just scoop out the required amount and rub it over my skin and then rinse it off once it’s all melted.
My Verdict:The Body Shop Chocomania Body Scrub-
I fail to understand why TBS persists in using tubs for their products. And for scrubs that too! It’s so messy to open the tub in the bath and scoop out and then have to screw the lid back on..It’s damn unhygienic and so inconvenient. Plus, this being a sugar scrub melts super fast when exposed or when in wet/humid conditions. So I have to be extra careful to screw the lid immediately after usage to avoid melting.
But even though all this rankles me, I can’t help but love this product. Maybe it’s the chocolate fragrance or the way this works on my skin. Using this product makes my bath a therapeutic experience! It’s not just the relaxing fragrance though. It’s the way the sugar granules work on my skin. As I rub it into my skin, the scrub melts and becomes a bit watery. And once I rinse off, I’m left with soft and smoother skin. It’s not abrasive and thank god for that! I have very sensitive skin and have been left with scrapes more than one time!
Check out VLCC Chocolate scrub review too
Pros: of TBS Chocomania Body Scrub:-
- Works for mild exfoliation
- Works for all skin types
- Not too pricey for the quantity given
- Makes my skin smooth and soft.
- I love how the sugar granules don’t feel rough against my skin.
- The fragrance is amazingly relaxing and makes we want to sleep.
Cons of TBS Chocomania Body Scrub:-
- Hate the tub packaging.
- I think it’s an LE product, but not sure though. It was part of the Valentines Collection.
- Effectiveness: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
Â Have you tried Body Shop Chocomania Body Scrub ?
You may also like reading:
- 5 Body Shop Metallic Eye Definer Photos And Swatches
- Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer Review
- Body Shop Gently Purify Clarifying Clay Mask Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator Review
- The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo & Conditioner Review