I wanted to review this shampoo for ages but lately I’ve become so lazy and sluggish that I completed only 1 para in 3 days. I Finally decided to finish this review coz The Body Shop is celebrating 35 years in business … a big Yayyyy to that ! 🙂
- Product: The Body Shop Guarana Berry Volumising Shampoo
- Price: SGD 16.90 for 250ml [I canâ€™t find it in TBS India site, infact I canâ€™t find the whole shampoo range details !]
What does Body Shop Shampoo claims:-
A stimulating shampoo with guarana berry extract, specially formulated to create fuller hair with added body. Community Trade organic honey from Zambia is an effective moisturiser that helps to condition the skin. Helps protect and preserve the forest as well as providing necessary income for the beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
- How to use: Apply to wet hair, work into a lather and rinse well
What is Guarana?
Guarana is a type of berry grown in South America that is used much in the same way caffeineis used to supplement sodas, candy and even chewing gum. The berries themselves are extremely similar in composition to coffee beans. Although the chemicals in the berries are slightly different, they have the same basic effect as caffeine at about the same dose level. In the US youâ€™ll find guarana used in weight loss supplements and the newest trend is to include extracts in energy drinks.
Like most of the body shop shampoo this also comes in a dark clear plastic bottle with a flip top. Shampoo is colourless and little runny just exactly like most of their shampoo or shower gel and lathers well.
Guarana Berry Volumising Shampoo contains the key ingredients:
- Guarana Berry – to help stimulate the scalp.
- Hydrolised wheat & soya proteins – to boost volume and body but coating each hair fibre and expanding the hair shaft.
- Community Trade organic honey – to moisturise and condition.
- Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Cocamide DEA (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), PEG-18 Glyceryl Oleate/Cocoate (Emulsifier), Mel (Natural Additive), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate (Surfactant/Cleansing Agent), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (Surfactant), VP/VA Copolymer (Hair Fixative), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Hydrolysed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), PVP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer (Protective Styling Agent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Butylparaben (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Paullinia cupana (Natural Additive), Propylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Soytrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Hibiscus sabdariffa (Natural Additive), Sorbitol (Humectant), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzalkonium Chloride (Preservative).
*if you can see the shampoo, itâ€™s colourless! I tried my best to capture the shampoo from out of 20 odd pics this is only decent one I found 🙁 …
Itâ€™s smells amazing which is more of like sweet and refreshing cause of guarana berry. It gives hair more body, volume and makes it feel light and no more that flat looking hair ! As mine is oily scalp most of the time my hair looks very flat it even on the same day I wash my hair. This shampoo really helps to manage hair better and makes it light, does deep-cleansing that thickens the hair shaft and boosts body fuller hair.
But then you have to consider this before, it makes more of a summer shampoo as it removes lot of oil from hair and during winter it may not suit or use a leave on conditioner after hair wash.
Overall itâ€™s a great product with a decent price I say.
Cons ~ None
You might like reading these also:-
- 7 Homemade Shampoo Recipes
- Sexy Vampire Makeup Tutorials Halloween
- MAC Lipstick In HIGH TEA Review
- Liz Earle Botanical Shine Conditoner Review
- Where To Buy Khadi Products In India