The Body Shop Â SPA WISDOM â€“ Africa Shower Cream Review
This was one of my picks from the last TBS sale. I love shower creams and gels and picked this up since it looked unusual and seemed to be a good exfoliator too. And thank god I picked this because this is hand down one of my best buys from TBS till date.
About Africa Ximenia & Marula Oil Shower Cream
A luxurious shower cream, that cleanses the skin leaving it feeling silky-soft. Suitable for all skin types.
An effective moisturiser that helps to condition the skin over time and ideal for users who want a luxurious and rich shower cream to use everyday.
- Best if you want to: Indulge in a cocooning shower experience inspired by the traditional beauty rituals of African tribes. With native African ximenia and marula oil.
- Best for: all skin types
- How the shower cream works: Apply directly to damp skin, or a Bath Lily and work into a creamy lather. Rinse thoroughly.
- Quantity: 250ml
- Price: 745INR
- Ximenia: Ximenia oil is an extremely useful hair oil, conditioner and also skin softener. You can soothe the chapped skin by rubbing ximenia oil onto the affected spot. It is specifically useful as a massage therapy for dry skin. The oil is fantastic as a compound in anti-ageing and moisturizing skin treatment products; in lip creams; for use with damaged, fragile and dry hair; in anti-acne products and in soaps.
- Marula Oil: Rich in oleic acid, an essential component in the maintenance of healthy skin, Marula Oil has been found to significantly improve skin hydration and smoothness. It is absorbed well through the skin, and the combination of excellent stability and high nutritional value make it an ideal choice for modern cosmetic formulations.
My experience with Africa Ximenia & Marula Oil Shower Cream
- Packaging â€“ This comes in a long plastic bottle with a flip top. Its pretty sturdy and easy to travel with. I would have personally preferred a tube type of packaging since the shower cream is a bit thick and once the product level drops to medium or lower, it may be tough to squeeze it out. It would have to be kept upside down for this. It doesn’t bother me much but this could definitely be a point to improve upon.
- Color & Texture â€“ The cream is a dull light brown color with dark brown exfoliation beads in it. The cream is a bit thick but not too much so that one would have to snap the bottle multiple times to get it out. It has a smooth texture like most shower cream and is a lot more creamy to the touch then silky unlike most in this genre. The exfoliating beads are non-abrasive and range in size form really tiny minute beads to slightly larger ones. I really liked the fact that the beds didn’t scratch my skin or leave and marks or rednessÂ in its wake. Hence, it would be the perfect everyday scrub to use.
- Fragrance â€“ The fragrance of this lotion is spectacular! I am not joking or exaggerating guys, the fragrance is so heavenly that I can’t imagine anyone not liking it. Its a mild scent and not the strong kinds which clog your senses or make you sneeze :)) The fragrance also lasts for about 1-2hrs which is quite decent.
My take on Body Shop Spa Wisdom Shower GelÂ
I love using this shower cream a lot. Its so creamy and luxurious and moisturizes my skin really well. This is one product I bought with immense anticipation and it turned out to be even better than I imagined. Its so moisturizing that I don’t have to run for a lotion after my bath. It doesn’t strip my skin of all moisture and instead makes it look fresh and clean. It has even helped in removing a bit of my tanning. I guess this is all thanks to the exfoliation particles which work so well and don’t feel rough at all.Â 🙂 😉 I give this product a hearty thumbs up!
What I like aboutÂ Â The Body Shop SPA Wisdom – Africa Shower Cream
- The fragrance is awesome and can put anyone in a good mood. And it lasts too! 🙂
- The exfoliating particles are not abrasive and can be used by those with sensi skin.
- Dispenser is very hygienic.
- No animal testing done.
- Has helped remove some of my tan
- Will last a long time.
What I do not like aboutÂ The Body Shop SPA Wisdom Shower Cream
- Some may find it a bit pricey
- Moisturizing effect: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried anything from the Â Body SPA Wisdom range?
You might like reading these also:-