The Body Shop SPA WISDOM â€“ Japan Body Milk Review
I picked this up during the last TBS sale. I used the sale to try out new stuff instead of going for the same old lotions and body washes I usually go for. Suffice to say some were hits and some were misses. How did this one fare??? Lets see .. 🙂
- Best if you want to: Nourish and hydrate your skin with a light, delicate body moisturizer that absorbs quickly into the skin to leave it feeling soft, smooth and beautifully scented with a delicate, floral fragrance.
- Best for: all skin types
- How it works: Community Trade sesame oil moisturizes and softens the skin. Community Trade soya oil helps restore smoothness to the skin. Yuzu peel and rice extract moisturize and help care for the skin.
- Quantity: 250ml
- Price: Rs 895
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-40 Stearate (Emulsifier), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Carbomer (Emulsion Stabiliser), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract (Hair Conditioning Agent), Sorbitol (Humectant), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citrus Junos Peel Extract (Skin Condtioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant)
- Directions: -Â Lightly spritz the skin with the body milk, and gently massage into the skin after a bath or shower, to leave skin feeling silky soft and beautifully fragranced.
My experience with The Body Shop (SPA Wisdom Japan) Body Milk:
- Packaging â€“ This comes in a long plastic bottle with a spray dispenser. The spray nozzle is protected by a transparent cap but this is not very sturdy. In 3 months of usage, the lid has become lose and for this reason alone it would not be the safest option to carry during travel…just imagine the mess it would create incase of any mishap! The spray nozzle itself is a very good idea because it dispenses a small amount with a single pump and there is no chance of wastage. About 2-3 pumps are sufficient for both arms.
- Texture â€“ The cream is white in color and is very light and non sticky. Its not the thick body butter kind of texture most of us are used to from TBS products. This is a bit runny evenÂ and spreads easily.
- Fragrance â€“ The fragrance of this lotion is very peculiar and I can’t quite seem to place it..Its like dried rice. I didn’t find it unpleasant but I feel like not everyone would prefer a scent like this.
I usually spritz about 2-3 pumps of this after my bath and massage into the skin. I love using it after waxing or epilating since it soothes the distressed skin and red bumps that appear. Additionally, this is extremely moisturizing and a boon for winter dryness.
WHO SHOULD USE THIS?
- Gals with dry skin/ flaky skin
- Those of us who have problems with distressed skin after hair removal
WHO CAN AVOID THIS ?
- Girls with extremely oily skin and prone to break outs
- Those with sensitive noses
This is the quantity that comes with 1 pump.
After spreading and massaging into the skin
So you can see how moisturizing this is…It is not thick and doesn’t clog the pores but its so liquidy that it takes a while to settle in and get absorbed..
What I liked about Body Shop (SPA Wisdom Japan) Body Milk
- Very light and won’t clog pores
- The spray dispenser is very unique and apt since it pumps out only a tiny amount of product.
- Very soothing to the skin
- Amazing for dry skin and hydrates very well.
- Soothing for distressed skin
- The moisturizing effect stays for a long time.
- Lasts a long time since a very tiny quantity is needed for a single use.
What I did not like about Body Shop (Spa Wisdom Japan) Body Milk
- Has a weird fragrance I cant place. So whether or not one likes it will solely depend from person to person.
- Its on the pricier side
- Moisturizing effect: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3/5
This may not be THE moisturizing lotion, but its a nice soothing lotion to have in our kitty.
You might like reading these also:-
- Body Shop Shea Shower Cream Review
- Ambika Pillai Toast Lipgloss Review &Swatches
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert (Week 2 October)
- My Haul On Wise She Recommendation
- Loreal Nutri Gloss Mirror Shine Shampoo review
- Clairol Herbal Essences totally twisted curl scrunching gel Review